15.

Chapter 15

I haven't talked to the boys in forever. Maybe a week. Brandon tried getting me to go to the party the boys put together. But my plans didn't match up with his. I've been hanging out with Josh and Elizabeth. Making sure I avoid Jake. I didn't want to be around his negative vibes. He leaves his window open all the time. Half of the time I want to think he leaves it open for me but then reality sets in and I know he just leaves it open to leave it open.

Stephanie is over there all the time. Every time she's over there it almost seems like Jake has more and more hatred for me.

And me? I just sat there and let it happen. The school year was ending quickly- more and more colleges contacted me. I had my heart set on Illinois University. It was my Hometown and where my dad's company was based out of- well in Illinois- not the university.

I walked downstairs in my usual pjs. A Nike sports bra and some shorts. Elizabeth was supposed to be coming over today. She said she had a surprise for me, Surprises from her always meant nothing good. The last surprise she had for me was homemade cookies. She got flour all over my kitchen. She isn't allowed to cook in my kitchen anymore.

My phone buzzed. It was Elizabeth. "Dad! My friend is coming over!" No answer. "Crystal My friend is coming over!" I yelled but got no response. I walked over to the kitchen table that had chocolate cookies on it with a note next to it.

"We went out for a couple days. Food is in the fridge. DO NOT LET ELIZABETH COOK ANYTHING."

"Great." I laughed and picked up a cookie and shoved it in my mouth. I'll give crystal one thing: she can make a hell of a chocolate cookie.

Since Elizabeth is coming over- I made it my time to play cupid. "Hello?" His deep voice sounded like he just woke up.

"What are you up to today?"

"Nothing why?"

"You should come over. Elizabeth is coming over today." I raised my eyebrows up and down. He didn't see me but he probably knew I was doing some kind of motion with my eyebrows.

"Ugh. Its winter break- I just wanna stay in bed all day."

"Common Josh." I whined.

"Fine." With that I heard him groan and then hang up the phone. Yay! I did a little mini dance and ran up to my room to get changed.

I felt eyes on me. And then it dawned on me I forgot to close my windows shades. I quickly looked out of my window to see Jake looking in, he quickly ran to the opposite side of his room so that I couldn't see him. I laughed.

I walked over to the window and opened it up. Why his window was open when it was freezing out- I have no idea.

"Jake, I saw you." I leaned out of my window having amusement on my face.

"So." He also leaned out of his window. I looked at his appearance, giving a tiny smirk. His brown hair was all messy and I almost saw a spark of emotion in those brown eyes of his.

"How's your mom?" I curiously asked. I know how she was- I talked to her last week. I don't know if she told him or not.