18.

Chapter 18

"Mom?" I whispered. "Mom?" I whispered it again.

"Common, we have to get out of here before the FBI gets here." The blonde woman who I assumed was Diana. She helped josh up and made sure that he put pressure on his arm that got shot.

"FBI?" I was so lost it wasn't even funny.

"Danny, I will explain everything to you, just we have to go now." What. She knows my name.

"Common Danny." Jake slightly picked my weak body up and helped me outside. That god I was still wearing my normal clothes and shoes. I heard a helicopter fly over the house. And that made Jake and the blonde women get us faster to the car.
Me and Jake climbed into the back of the car and the women and Josh in the front seat. She quickly drove off. I looked back and saw flashing lights all at the house. A cop car sped past us and kept going past us.

I felt something warm touch my hand. I looked down and it was Jake's hand. I felt goosebumps crawl up my arm and I grabbed onto Jake's hand also, intensifying the goosebumps. I just went with it.

I took my free hand and started biting my nails. Ignoring whatever was being said in the car. Mom? What did Josh mean by mom? Was she my mom? I mean she couldn't be. Right. I looked at her from the side. I quickly looked away when I saw her eyes. Blue-Green eyes.

I shook my head, trying to ignore all the signs. I looked up at the sky, rain just down poured. I wanna go home. How many times do I have to ask for a normal life?

"One too many." The blonde woman spoke up.

"Huh?"

"You were thinking out loud." She smiled and looked at me through the rear view mirror. I nodded my head awkwardly.

"Oh." I said still looking at her. I noticed the wrinkles by her eyes, letting them show her age, but not too much.

"We're here." She quickly pulled in to a regular old Joe house. She quickly helped Josh out of car and rushed into the blue house with green grass and beautiful flowers sitting in the ground.

"Common." Jake held his hand out to me and I grabbed it. He put his arm on my hip, the rain fell hard on us, making us soaked. "Danny?"

"Yeah?"

"It'll be faster if I just carry you." Jake looked me up and down.

"I can walk on my own."
"Danny." He paused and I got from his grip only to fall back into his arms.

"Common." He picked me up and quickly ran into the house.

"Took you guys long enough." The blonde stated and Jake scoffed. "Just stay here, I need to fix Josh up okay." Jake nodded his head and she disappeared. And me and Jake we left.

I looked around and the house looked abandoned. The house was empty. And the furniture that was there, was covered in a white sheet.

I slowly walked over to the back door with Jake following closely. I stopped one I got to the door and just watched the storm get worse and worse. "You going to say anything?" Jake leaned against the door right against from me.