17.

Chapter 17

I opened my eyes. I squinted my eyes at the light that came in through the room. I looked down at my hands, I was sitting in a chair. My head pounded. I was restrained by ropes. I picked up my head trying to recognize where I was.

"Here let me get that for you." Josh spoke up. Trying to move my hair.

"Don't touch me." I moved my head away from him.

"Just stay still. I'm not here to hurt you." Josh started brushing my hair.

"It's already too late for that." I gave up and stopped struggling. Josh stood behind me just brushing my hair.

"Are you braiding my hair?" I said while my eyebrows furrowed.

"Yup." Josh laughed. "Elizabeth taught me while braiding my hair." Josh was behind me but I knew he was smiling. He finished and sat back down in front of me.

"Get out of here." I whispered.

"What? What do you mean?" He shook his head.

"I mean run away from here. Get away from Grey. Get out while you can." I looked at Josh in his eyes, trying to get a sense of what he was thinking.

"I-I" He chuckled and looked down to the floor. "It's too late for that. If our Dad is going down, he's bringing me down with him." He sighed.

"He's not my dad." I sighed. "You can have a good life. One with Elizabeth.
Do something you never thought of. Just do yourself a favor and leave. Heck go to my house and hide there." I shook my head trying to convince Josh.

"You don't know him like I do."

"Answer this." Grey came in holding my phone in the air. Both me and josh teared our head away from each other to Grey. "He's been calling all night."

"What do you want me to say?" I asked.

"I don't know- that you're alright and to leave you alone." Grey handed me the phone. I took it and looked at the screen. Jake's name and a picture I took of him pooped up.

"Hello?" I looked up at Grey and he nodded his head.

"Danny. I missed you last night." Jake said with something in his voice. I heard talking in the background. Probably Stephanie- Josh was right.

"Yeah. Sorry I got caught up with some things." I closed my eyes, slowly. My breathing picked up and I could feel the sweat start to form on my forehead.

"You okay?"

"Mhm." I said with my mouth closed.
"You're not. I know you're not." I opened my eyes back up and looked at Grey who was making sure that I wouldn't give anything up.

"Mhm."

"Give the phone to Josh, I know he's there."

"How could you poss-"

"Just give him the phone."

"Here." I said to Josh and he looked at it like it was a foreign object. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Mhm, Yeah. Okay. No. No, No, she's fine. Yeah. Pizza." Pizza? I looked at Josh and he gave me a look.