14.

Chapter 14

I groaned against the bed sheets.
Everyone was still ignoring me. I can’t believe this they’re being so childish. Today was Game day. Actually an Hour till the game and I was sulking in the bed. I never did this. Never Ever. Why was this time different?

Maybe it’s because the team totally disrespected you like two days ago.

Ugh! Leave me alone. I was losing it. I was talking to myself. I curled back up into the sheets. I looked to the side of my room that was a mess. It was a mess. And me? Yes, I was a mess but it didn’t bother me. It didn’t bother me that my room was a mess. I had no motivation to pick up the empty water bottle. Or the tissues full of dried up tears.

“Are you going to sit in this room all day?” My dad came into my room.

“Leave me alone.”

“Danielle Marie Allen I did not raise you to be like this.” Uh oh- I was in trouble he never used my full name – let alone my middle and last name. I turned around you see him standing above my bed with his arms crossed.

“Dad,” I whined.

“Nope. No excuses.”

“You were there though.”

“No pain no gain.”

“But-But.” I trailed off.

“Yes I know it’s not the pain you usually think of.” I put my head back over the blanket that helped me hide my feelings. “You better get out of this bed, or I’m pouring a bucket of water over your sorry ass head.” With that my Dad walked out of my room.

God knows he’s going to come back in here with that water. I can’t believe my team got so butt hurt over one little thing that wasn’t even true.

***

Everyone hasn’t talked to me in forever. They were ignoring me in allowed possible ways. Even freaking practicing on the other side of the football field and avoiding me at all costs. Even Brandon for Christ’s sake. The game day was Friday and they were being childish.

My dad shook his head as I did everything I could to get their attention. I chased them around the field and they just ran circles around me.

I blew my whistle and they pretended to not hear it.

They were doing practice backwards and anytime I would go on the opposite side of the field to talk to them, they would casually walk to the other side of the field and continue to do whatever they were doing.
I was getting fed up and quickly. Practice was over and they started to walk over to the locker room. I ran in front of them.

“Stop! Stop! Stop!” I screamed on the top of my lungs. They all stopped and stared back at me.

“Aw is princess having a tantrum.”

“Not yet.” My voice shook with anger. Someone chuckled. Brandon hung his head low and the other just stared at me. Jake stared blankly at me. As if I was a stranger to me.