8.

Chapter 8
"Are you ready?" Jake asked me as he leaned on the lockers right next to mine. It's been hell week, but I survived. Next week were our first official game of the season and that day will kick off our season. I'm excited.

"Yeah." I answered Jake as shut my locker and we walked out of the school together. I got glares from the triplets, which was almost every day. It didn't bother me because lately I've been getting glares from the rest of the girl population at this school.

We walked out in silence and stayed in silence during the car ride. I've been keeping to myself lately, which isn't the best because I need to communicate. Oh well.

We pulled in his driveway. I was about to get out of the car, until he locked the doors. "You know I can just unlock the doors from my side?" I turned to him.

"Yeah," He said quietly. So I unlocked my side, and then he locked it again.

"I can play this game all day Danny." He smirked over to me.

"Okay fine, what do you want?"

"For you to stop being mad at me."

"I'm not mad."

"Are too."

"No I'm not, just frustrated."

"Why." He dressed down today, which he of course pulled off. I sighed and looked at him.

"Maybe because you never told me that you had a girlfriend and that she is one of the triplets, who we talked bad about a couple months ago."

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Whatever you say."

"I'm telling the truth." He pleaded. Why was I hell bent on being mad at him when it's none of my business on who he dates?

"It doesn't matter anyways okay?" I looked him in the eyes that sparkled when the sun hit them at a certain point. I moved my eyes to my hands.

"Okay."

"I'll see you later okay?" He nodded his head and I walked out of his car and started walking towards my house. I turned back around. "Hey, do you want to come in for a little while?" I yelled over to Jake, who was getting out of his car.

"Sure." His frown turned into a smile and I chuckled to myself. He jogged up to me and I opened up the door to my house.

"Dad!?" I yelled.

"Yeah?" My dad came out wearing a suit,

"Uh, what's this?" I asked him in confusion.

"Don't you remember, Crystal and I have been telling you that we've been invited to stay overnight for the banquet, hosted by our business partners?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"No I don't remember."

"Well we've been telling you."

"Sorry, must have slipped my mind."

"It's alright sweet heart. We'll see you sometime tomorrow, okay?" I nodded my head. "Jake." My dad nodded his head to Jake.