01

I stood alone leaning outside Meyer Academy, watching the students in their uniforms walking around campus talking to their friends. Laughing. Smiling. Something that I never got to enjoy. Only people with friends got to relish in the happy moments.  I didn't. But that was okay.  As I stood there pondering my thoughts, I saw someone I'd never seen before walking through the doors into the school. Almost running.  I knew that she was someone I wanted to be friends with. I could feel it deep down. I knew I hadn't seen her before....yet she was familiar. I took off after the girl sprinting down the hallways weaving in and out of people.  I looked in the cafeteria and the gym and even the almost deserted library. No sign of the girl. I gave up defeated and walked through the hallways with my head down dragging my feet. I entered the classroom I had for 1st period math and found myself alone in the room. Mrs. Joel wasn't even in the room. She was probably getting coffee or breakfast.  I sat down putting my head in my hands letting my almost black hair fall in front of my face.  I closed my blue-green eyes and listened to the sound of my own breathing when I felt someone's presence by my side.

"Hey. Can I sit here?" I looked up to see the face of a tan, blonde girl with brown eyes and pink lips.  It was the girl I saw running into the school.  The one I was looking for. "It's Whitney right?  I'm Amnesia. Amnesia Warrington."