15

*This chapter is dedicated to missmckenna2027 *

A few days later, it was Sunday evening and I had been watching the tv in my family room. The news had interested me as it made me feel as though I had a life. As I was about to fall asleep, a scary segment began.

This just in: the teenager (name cannot be released) that has been missing, has just been found today on December 23, 2015. She was found dead apparently beaten to death. A memorial service will be held to commemorate her. All teenage girls, please be aware of your surroundings and do not go out alone late at night as this is not the first missing persons case we've had this year.

Suddenly feeling awake, I grabbed the blanket that had fallen on the floor and wrapped it tightly around me. I felt as if I was being watched. I knew that this was just having an effect on me, but I couldn't shake the feeling of anxiety I began to feel.
------------------

The next day, I walked into school through a different entrance than usual. As I passed the main office, a plan developed in my mind. I walked backwards stopping at the office door. Knocking quietly, I entered walking straight up to the receptionist's desk.

"Um....hi. I'm Whitney Cambridge. I was wondering if you could tell me what class Amnesia Warrington has first period?"

"I'm very sorry Whitney, but I'm afraid I can't disclose that information." Said the young woman.

"Please. It's very important." I begged

"Well alright dear." She said typing on the old-fashioned computer. "Um let's see. Hmmmm...this is..strange. Amnesia dropped out yesterday dear. Due to family problems I assume? I believe her parents are getting a divorce." The lady said turning to look at me.

"Oh. That's ok. Thank you." I said speed walking out of the room. I walked quickly to my locker trying to process what I had learned. Amnesia had left without saying goodbye. I stuffed my books in the locker quickly tucking the notebook in the back corner where it was usually hidden. I grabbed my math books and headed to first period.