07

The bell rang loudly and signaled that school was over! Finally I was gonna meet up with Amnesia at the mall. She hadn't been able to make it to lunch but had sent me a text saying to meet her at the mall and when I tried to reply, I got the same message saying that the number wasn't in service. I got into my beat up old car that I had worked 3 summers to buy and listened to the old rattle as I drove down the road to the mall.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Amnesia!" I called seeing her sitting by the fountain.

"Hey Whitney! What's up?" she asked simply.

"Not much,", I said sitting down next to her, "want to go to Hot Topic?"

"Nah.....I'd rather go to the food court and grab a snack." She insisted.

"Oh.....okay." I said standing up with her and walking to the food court. We stood in line for pizza silently. Then we sat down at a little table in the corner. "So Amny, why don't you tell me something about yourself?"

"Um.....there's nothing to tell really. You'll find out everything you need to along the way. I promise. But tell me a bit about you?"

"Oh, well I'm 17, my mom is dead, I live in a ratty little house with my drunk abusive dad, and I have previously had no friends." I said putting a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Oh, wow,", Amnesia said, "well I have to go.....I have some stuff to take care of. Have a nice night Whitney." She finished standing up and walking away leaving me sitting here dumbfounded. I watched as the last of her disappeared around the corner.

'Dammit' I thought. She got away again. I was pretty sure I was never going to get anything out of that girl.