04

The next day I had barely made it through my morning classes. All I could think about was Amnesia.......the mystery.   By the time I made it to lunch I was sitting alone and barely touching my food.  I jolted up at the sound of a tray slamming on the table.  I looked up and saw none other than Amnesia staring at me.   She sat down abruptly and started eating an apple.  I looked at her confused but she didn't say anything. 

"What was with that text last night.  It said your number was out of service." I said quizzically.  Amny shrugged her shoulders and got up tossing the rest of her lunch into the trash. She walked away from me so fast, it was if I had rabies.  I thought about chasing her but I had a feeling that if Amnesia didn't want to be found, I wasn't going to find her.
-------------------------------------------------------
That night I sat in bed alone again.  My dad had kicked me so hard for being home late from school. It wasn't even my fault, the bus broke down.  I rubbed my stomach where there was still a red mark and tried to fall asleep.  Suddenly my window cracked open and a gust of cold bitter air hit me like a wall. Just as quickly as it happened, the window closed and I sighed flicking the light switch next to my bed.  The room was filled with light and I picked up the knife from under my mattress and searched everywhere an intruder could hide. Finally I went to lock my window and found a piece of paper with one word on it.
-------------------------------------------------------
17
-------------------------------------------------------
I took the note and placed it in my desk drawer.  It was too late to contemplate what had happened and I collapsed on bed.  With my luck, the bed spring creeked extremely loud and I knew what was coming.  A minute later my dad rushed into the room carrying a bat.

"You stupid girl! All I ask for is quiet at night but that seems to be to much to ask!  You deserve to be punished!"  He hit me hard in the side with the bat and smacked me across the cheek.   He walked calmly out of the room as if nothing had happened.  I cried silently wishing that he would just care about me and that I had a mother to protect me.  With those thoughts in my brain I fell asleep.
-------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is a bit longer but they will definitely be a little longer! Hope you enjoyed this. What are your thoughts about the note?

Sincerely,
Ktrina828