O N E

(Y/N) POV

I looked around me in amazement. I was supposed to be in my apartment, on my computer playing Undertale like I usually do. Okay, I'll admit it, I'm obsessed with this game. I obsessed over nearly every character, however, I liked the skele-bros the best. Sans and Papyrus. Papyrus was just so sweet and innocent, while Sans was funny but had his seriously powerful side. I could only complete the genocide run once because I couldn't bare to kill Papyrus and Sans. I felt so guilty afterwards that I didn't even want to play for a day or two. Then, of course Chara made me an "offer" because she destroyed the world.

Anyway, it was Saturday and I was playing Undertale when I fell. I mean, I had started a new save file, so of course I fell in the game, but I felt like I was falling in real life too. I heard a laugh before I blacked out. I woke up on a bed of golden flowers and a familiar landscape. It was the starting room for Undertale.

"No way..." I whispered, "This is a dream. It has to be." Brushing some (H/C) hair out of my face, I stood up and went out the purple doorway that usually led to Flowey. Sure enough there he was. I walked over to the golden flower.

"Howdy! I'm Flowey! Flowey the flower." He said to me cheerfully.

"I know." I replied. It was a dream so I decided that I could mess with him a little.

"W-what?" He asked with a surprised look on his flower face. I laughed.

"I know who you are. Heh... I even know who you were." I told the flower. He stay there for a minute, surprised before his face changed. I knew this face. It was the 'You're gonna die now.' face. I just hoped Toriel would show up soon.

"Well you're no fun..." He muttered.

"DIE!!" The flower demanded as my soul, which looked like a (F/C) heart appeared in front of me and a box surrounded it.

Just like in the game. I thought to myself. Except a little more real...

Floweys bullets surrounded my soul and I stared at the incoming bullets, hoping that I wouldn't die. That would probably cause me to wake up and I wanted to stay asleep for as long as possible. Suddenly the bullets disappeared and Flowey got hit with a fireball. I looked up to see a goat like lady. I thanked my lucky stars that everything was going exactly like the game and Flowey didn't kill me.

"Hello. I am Toriel. Keeper of the Ruins. What a vile creature. Torturing such a poor soul. Come with me." Toriel said motherly. I nodded and followed her. She took me through the ruins then went off to do some "business." I got through the ruins surprisingly quickly, probably because I had played the game so many times. I spared every monster I encountered and it seemed that one of the Froggits had grown especially affectionate because they kept following me around.

When I got to Toriels house she showed me to my room and I simply sat on my bed, fighting to keep my eyes open. I didn't want to take a nap because I'd probably wake up. Eventually though,

~•~

When I woke up, I expected to be in my room, however I was still in the room in Toriels house.

"No way. Is it possible that... Maybe this isn't a dream... No. People fall asleep in their dreams all the time." I muttered to myself. Then I got out of bed and smiled as I picked up a Tupperware of butterscotch pie. I put it in my backpack and saved it for later. I walked into the living room and went up to Toriel.

"Ah, hello child. Would you like to hear about some snail facts?" She asked me. I winced at the word child and rubbed my neck nervously. I had hoped she wouldn't grow to attached to me.

"Actually um.. I'd like to leave the ruins." I told the goat lady. She looked nervous and started to read a snail fact to me. I looked her in the eye when she finished the fact.

"I need to leave the ruins." I stated firmly and Toriel stood up.

"I need to do something." She said and walked away briskly. I hurriedly followed her as she went down the steps located in the main room. I listened to her speech as she went through the basement, talking about destroying the way out of the ruins and how Asgore would kill me.

"Prove to me that you can survive. Prove to me that your strong enough." Toriel said and I frowned. I wasn't sure if I was ready. This was harder then using a mouse or controller. I had to use my hands to move my soul. Then again, I hadn't gotten hit by any of the other monsters yet so I assumed I would be fine.

It's not like it can hurt me anyway. I'm in a dream. I thought.

Four buttons appeared before me. Fight, Act, Item and Mercy. Without a moments hesitation I clicked Mercy - Spare. My soul appeared before me in a box as Toriel attacked me and the battle started. I kept sparing her and dodging her attacks for a few minutes until my arms started to get tired and I couldn't dodge one of her attacks. I hissed in pain as I saw myself lose 5 HP. My eyes widened as I realized something.

This isn't a dream... Is it?

I kept dodging Toriels attacks as I felt a rush of panic and adrenaline hit me. Soon Toriel let me spare her and I hugged her. Her fur was soft and had an earthy smell to it. I felt my (E/C) eyes water as a wave of sadness and confusion hit me. I was sad about leaving this goat-mom and I was confused about my situation. Everything was so real.

Toriel stood and told me to be careful but not to come back, as it would hurt her too much. I understood. I left the ruins and closed the doors, sitting in the snow.

This is real. This is way too real to be a dream. What happened? How did I get here? How do I leave?  Do I even want to leave? Can I still save? I kept asking myself questions and gasped. I realized that I hadn't really been paying attention to my surroundings. I looked around and everything looked real...ish. Not pixelated. I looked down at myself and realized that I was wearing my everyday clothes. I wasn't even wearing Frisks clothes.

I need to get to box road and save. I told myself, determined. I stood up and started walking forwards.

  Hello. Thanks for reading this! Hope you enjoy. Battling and saving is just like in the game except if it were in real life. I'm sure you'll understand better as you read if you don't now. c:
Thank you!
By the way this is gonna be my main focus.