F I F T E E N

(Y/N)'s POV
I started laughing. Sans looked at me with worry.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"You actually think I like Papyrus? Oh my god... Sans... He's like a brother to me." I told him.

"So you d-don't like him?"

"Not in a romantic way." I said. Sans looked relieved and I felt heat rise to my face.

"Holy crap.... Sans, were you jealous?" I asked incredulously. His face had a blue tint to it and he stuttered.

"J-jealous? C'mon kid, I don't get jealous."

I laughed and decided to let it go. Was it really me that Sans and Toriel were talking about? What was Sans supposed to tell me? Did he indeed like me as much as I liked him? I told myself that I would confront him later. I was happier then I had been in awhile, however there was that nagging feeling of worry at the back of my head that reminded me of Chara and the nightmares.

I sat down next to Sans and watched a few monsters go by, but eventually we both dozed off.

I was in the judgement hall. I tried to go back but instead I walked forward with a sick confidence. I stopped a few feet away from him. Not this again...

I laughed Chara's insane laugh. I hated the sound. I didn't want to do this again. I didn't want to kill anyone. I opened my mouth to speak with Sans but someone else's words came out.

"Sans... Don't tell me you're still mad about everyone you've ever loved dying." It was Chara's voice and their words. I tired to let Sans know that it wasn't me through my eyes but I knew, somehow, that they were full of insanity, murder, bloodlust, and Genocide.

His eyesockets were full of anger and hatred and sadness. His one eye was black and the other had the blue flame in it.

The battle began and went on as it usually did. Until eventually, Sans got tired and couldn't dodge anymore. He stood in one place, panting. I walked up to him as I had many times before. I tried to stop myself. Two buttons appeared. Fight and Mercy. My hand automatically went to Fight but I held myself back. I didn't want to hurt him. Not Sans. This wasn't me. I fought an internal war with myself. I was Determined to Spare Sans. I put my hand on Mercy. Sans looked up at me with a small smile.

I smiled widely. My real smile. I walked up to Sans and extended my hand. His smile grew and it almost resembled Chara's and he shook his head. I looked at him confused for a moment.

"Get dunked on." He said quietly and I understood a moment too late.

"No, please!" I shouted before bones shot out of the ground and from the ceiling. They ripped through my flesh. They tore through my soul. Pain filled my whole being. My heart broke and my soul shattered.

•~•

I awoke with a muffled cry. Something was holding me tightly and shaking.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." A familiar voice was murmuring. I lifted my head and looked at who was holding me. It was Sans and he was crying while he held me.

"...Sans?" I whispered. He looked down at me guiltily.

"I-I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean it... Oh my god I'm sorry." Sans sobbed.

"It's okay Sans... I'm... I deserved it." I said as I started to cry too. He shook his head.

"You spared me." He whispered. I simply hugged him.

"It's okay. It's going to be okay." I murmured.

We stayed like that for a little bit before Sans was totally calm. He let go of me and I moved so I was simply sitting next to him. I felt a blush on my face and looked over at Sans to see his face tinted a slight blue.

"Sans... If it ever comes to it... Don't spare me. If Chara ever gets control or if... I-if I turn and go genocide... Just don't spare me." I said quietly. Sans turned to look at me.

"W-why would you say that, kid?" He questioned worriedly.

"Just promise me you won't spare me." I said.

"You know I don't like making promises." Sans said and I sighed. I didn't want him to get hurt. I didn't know if I could make it. I only had to last about a week, but I wasn't sure if I could fight off Chara for that long.

I was starting to lose my determination.

Sans stood up and extended his hand to me.

"Let's go back home. Papyrus and Frisk will start to worry if we don't get back soon. I know a shortcut." He said and I took his hand.

I told Sans that I wouldn't reset again. I hated lying to him, but I had to.

When we got inside, Frisk and Papyrus greeted us and told us about what they did at Undyne's house, where they were hanging out. I wasn't really paying attention. I was talking to Chara.

Did you like my little surprise?

The nightmares?

Yep.

It's clever. Very clever. Making me lose my determination by making me have these night terrors each night. Great job Chara. You're winning.

W-what?

I said you're winning. It's working. I'll either panic one night or end up becoming cold-hearted from avoiding emotions. Either way you win.

Are you... Giving up?

Giving up? No. Not at all. I'm never going to give up. As long as I have even a little bit of determination left in me, you're not going to win.

Well then... I'll have to step it up and make sure I get rid of every shred of your precious 'Determination.' Chara laughed and then left me alone. I didn't notice it while I was speaking with Chara but Sans was leading me upstairs to his room. When we got there we sat side by side on his bed.

"Tell me everything you know about Chara." Sans said suddenly. I glanced at him. He looked serious.

"Well, they're the first fallen. But they're a demon who can possess people I guess. They can hack into the coding of your world and change things, but not everything. I think that my world is codes too. I think every world is coded, and Chara can hack into my world too. I think that's how they made me reset the last timeline." I told Sans.

"How are we supposed to beat them?" He asked nobody in particular, but I answered anyway.

"I have a plan. I can't tell you because Chara will hear, but I have a plan. Just about a week." I said without actually thinking of my plan.

•~•

That night, Sans and I tried to stay awake. Of course, we failed and both ended up falling asleep. That night, I lost a little more of my determination.

•~•

Okay, I finally updated. I've been busy with school. Sorry for the shortness of this chapter. Anyway, I have a three day weekend ahead of me and I should finish this book by Monday. There may be a sequel, I'm not too sure yet. I tried to make this chapter a little feels-y but I think I failed. XD

Also, thank you guys so much for the number of views. 700!!! That's amazing! Also, thank you for all the votes and comments! :3

This chapter is dedicated to