E I G H T E E N

When I woke up, I put a fake smile on my face and went into the main room. Frisk and Papyrus were sitting on the couch eating some leftover spaghetti and watching one of Mettaton's shows. I couldn't find Sans so I assumed that he was at one of his many jobs.

"Mornin' guys." I murmured as I got myself some breakfast spaghetti and sat on the couch next to Frisk.

"GOOD MORNING HUMAN." Papyrus greeted me while Frisk waved happily. After I was finished I changed into some clothes and put my shoes and backpack on. I had figured out that if I didn't have my backpack on, then there would be nothing when I pressed the item button. I pulled down my menu to check for the leave button, but it wasn't there. I wasn't surprised. Chara had finally taken away my determination. They wouldn't simply just let me leave. Not when they were so close.

Of course not. Do you think I'm an idiot?

I would never think that about you, dearest Chara. I replied sarcastically. I left the bathroom, don't ask me why I never saw it in the game, and went into the main room once again.

"I'm gonna go out." I said as I went to the front door to leave.

"When will you be back?" Frisk questioned.

"Tonight." I lied. In reality I wasn't going to return. I left the skeleton brothers' house and thought for a moment. There was nowhere safe. I sighed and went into Snowdin forest. I climbed a tree and sat in it.

"What are you doing?" Chara asked as they appeared on the branch next to me.

"Sitting in a tree, what does it look like?" I replied.

"Aren't you going to try and fight me off? What happened to your master plan?" Chara questioned.

"There's no point in fighting anymore. If I did anything, you could just make me reset." I admitted glumly.

"You aren't even going to fight for Sans?" they asked with a smirk.

"Hopefully he'll kill me. Of course, you'll just go back to your save point, but maybe it'll stall the destruction of the world." I said.

"I guess it really doesn't matter." I said after a moment of silence. I spent the day writing in a notebook that I brought with my and when might eventually came, I sighed and hung my head. I knew that I couldn't fight Chara. I had come out here so that everyone would have a chance of getting away.

"Aren't you smart? Everyone is still going to die." Chara said with a wide grin in their face. I looked away but they just appeared in front of me. So, I closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I whispered before Chara put me to sleep, something they could do either because they owned my soul or they could hack. That night, Chara finally got full control over me.

•~•

When I opened my eyes, I found that I was leaving the tree. Of course, it was Chara and I was simply a ghost, following them.

I didn't say a word as I followed Chara. I felt empty inside. Maybe it was because Chara had complete ownership of my soul, but I think it was just the feeling of hopelessness. Knowing that I couldn't fight it. Everyone was going to die.

After a while of walking, we passed Sans' empty sentry station, crossed a bridge, and Chara knocked on a set of large purple doors.

"Who's there?" Toriel's voice came from the other side of the door.

"Mom? Can you let us in, please?" Chara asked in my voice.

"My child? What is the matter?" Questioned the goat lady.

"I really miss you, I just wanted to visit you." Chara said.

"Of course my child." Toriel replied and soon, the doors opened. I followed Chara into the ruins, although it's not like I had a choice. It was like a had a string attaching me to my body.

"May I go talk to the Froggits?" Chara asked sweetly.

"Oh yes. Go ahead." Toriel replied and Chara ran off gleefully. I hung my head and followed. I watched as Chara grabbed a toy knife from an area near Toriels house. They then continued deeper into the ruins, killing everything they came upon. After the only thing left in the ruins was dust, Chara made their way back to the Toriels house.

"Ah, hello my child. Are you hungry? I have made some butterscotch-cinnamon pie." Toriel said once Chara got back into the house. They didn't reply and Toriel looked up from her book and her eyes widened when she realized that Chara was covered in monster dust.

"W-what is that on your sweater?" She asked.

"Come on. Stop playing around. You know what it is. Monster dust. There's only one left in the ruins." Chara said cheerfully as they spun their knife in their hand. They laughed and tightened their grip. A moment later and all that was left was a pile of dust. Toriel had only time to say one word. Why? I was wondering the same thing, although I think I knew the answer.

Because Chara was bored and they can do what they want. It was as simple as that.

Sans' POV

When (Y/N) didn't come back last night, I feared the worst. I remembered the expression that she wore the last time I saw her. I sighed and continued walking through the snow. I had the feeling I knew what happened. If Chara had really taken control at last, then they would have gone to the ruins. I knew well enough that they had to kill everyone. They wouldn't be satisfied unless that happened. I just hoped I was wrong.

*~*

I walked through the open ruin doors and went into Toriels house. I found only a pile of dust. I hadn't seen Chara leave, but I just assumed that they had purposefully hidden themselves from me. I slammed my fist into a wall as anger and fear washed over me. Papyrus and Frisk. They would be Chara's next target. I hurriedly teleported into Snowdin. I rushed around, searching for Papyrus and Frisk. I was too late. I found Frisk clutching Papyrus' scarf. I put my hand on their shoulder.

"You alright kid?" I asked. They looked up at me with tears in their eyes.

"I'm sorry. I tried to stop her. (Y/N) just... I don't know what happened to her." Frisk murmured.

"That wasn't her. That was Chara. Listen, I'll explain on the way. We have somewhere to be." I said as I took my brothers scarf out of Frisks hand and wrapped it around me. I was numb.

I only knew one thing. Chara would pay.

So sorry for the late update and the shortness of this chapter. Thank you all so much for the support. If it weren't for you guys I wouldn't have continued writing this. I love you guys! Tell me what you think! I don't bite. :p
Also I posted this chapter like 8 hours ago, but it didn't actually get published... So yeah. Here you go XD