Part 1

The cold eats into my very bones and I curse with every fiber of my being my Alpha's command that I make this journey personally.

He knows how I feel about this pack, well one person in particular. But it's enough animosity that if it weren't zeroed in on one person it would at least have a whole pack receiving the cold shoulder if not more.

Finn, the bane of my existence and probably the reason I'm here right now. The weather is just another reason to curse him.

If he thinks this ploy is going to work he has another thing coming.

Getting out of the Jeep Wrangler whose soft-top hasn't been changed to its hard shell I regret instantly not riding with the other's in the Escalade. But I needed my own means of escape and I couldn't trust anyone not to fall under Finn's charms.

Walking up to the pack house as soon as I'm under the over hang I start dusting the snow from my shoulders as I ring the doorbell.

The door opens within seconds as if the person behind it was just standing around waiting for my arrival. And when I'm swept into the small thin arms of the fifteen-year-old boy I'm betting I'm right.

"Luke, hey it's so good to see you." I try to muster as much enthusiasm into my voice as I can, but I know I've failed miserably when he pulls back and smirks at me.

"Yeh right Ari, but come on in, the other's are in the back room."

Following behind Luke I notice that while he is still as scrawny as ever he is still growing taller and is probably only a bit shorter than myself. He's going to be really tall if he's lucky enough to get the same genetics as his brother. Luckily they are different enough that it doesn't break my heart every time to look at him.

Arriving at the door that will reveal not only the man I've been avoiding for the past year but also the most senior of our two packs I take a deep breath to steady myself.

"Ready?" Luke questions from next to me.

"Let's do it." I answer.