Part 10

I launch the first knife and can't help but grin even in the dire situation I've found myself in when it sinks satisfactorily into Finn's immediate torturer. Right in the back where the kidneys are located.

But it quickly fades when all eyes turn to me as I launch the next knife into the rogue who had started to stand when Finn began to struggle harder. It slices the top of his shoulder before falling to the floor at Finn's feet. The damage not enough to deter him from immediately attacking me I grip the last knife in my hand prepared to take them all on.

My mind frantically tries to asses the situation looking for a way to free Finn and search out the last rogue who has disappeared from my line of sight.

Ducking under the outstretched arm of the first rogue that reaches me I swipe at his legs as I pass but then am smacked in the shoulder with a punch aimed for my head by the other rogue with my knife still in his back.

The loud growling of Finn turned wolf is enough of a distraction to see me recover and strike again with my knife and successfully pull out the first knife in the most damaging way, tearing it down through the body as it exits. The rogue howls and claws scrap down my side as he wildly attacks me. But Finn's managed to free himself in his new form and is making his presence known by throwing my attacker off me.

A savage clamp of Finns jaws and the rogue that had been torturing him lies in a puddle of blood at his feet.

But there's no time to bask in the vindication found at the death of the rogue as the other two injured ones make an appearance as both attempt to take me down.

A slice of claws on my back has me bending just as a punch flies past my face narrowly missing me. But Finn is having none of it and both join the other with their throats ripped out before I even have a chance to respond with my own defence, Finn is just that fast.

Breathing heavily I can already feel my body stitching itself back together.

That fight was less intense than I thought it would be and I know a lot of it has to do with the amazing strength and agility of Finn. They probably didn't even realise they had an Alpha so when he did turn it took them by surprise.

Finn's shifted back and he approaches me warily holding the two other knives I'd lost while I clutch the third one tightly in my hand.

His body is covered in blood and sweat but it doesn't detract from his naked body in prime form, if anything it makes him more alluring.

Grabbing my knives I use the clothes on the body of the dead to clean them while turning my back on Finn and his tempting body.

"Are there clothes here that you can wear?" I ask very aware of how tiny my voice sounds in the silence that looms around us.

Instead of answering Finn merely starts walking back in the direction of our camp.

"You'll freeze you know." I yell after him unsure now of how this event has impacted our relationship, if that's what you can call the what ever that is going on between us.

But he doesn't stop so I start after him.

Catching up I let the silence between us linger until my curiosity gets the better of me.

"What happened?"

"You mean before or after I went chasing into the night after you disappeared for hours." His tone is dismissive but it's hardly my fault he got caught by rogues.

"After obviously, and I'm a big girl Finn there was no need for you to come after me."

"Right and if the rogues had caught you instead of me, what would have happened then?"