19. Who the hell is Theo Raeken?

Hi guys, i#m terribly sorry about the wait. I've been busy with work and college and every other thing that seems to be getting on top of me at the moment. This chapter is more informative then anything. I just wanted to spice things up a bit, so I hope you like it. Again, sorry about the wait. Please vote and comment, it will mean the world to me xxx

It was strange waking up next to Brett. As much as it was amazing, I couldn't help feeling like I should be somewhere else. I feel like something is wrong. Brett stirred from behind me, his arm wrapping tighter around my body. His warm breath tickling my ear as he slept soundly. I needed to get up but I couldn't wake him. Instead I turned around in his arms as carefully as I could so I could see his face. Our noses were almost touching, his hair was curlier than usual. I lifted my chin slightly and kissed him on the nose. He groaned lightly before his eyes fluttered open. His crystal blue eyes, seemed greyer today, darker even.

"How long have you been staring at me?" He asked, his voice still sleepy. It's the most sexiest thing ever.

"Not that long." I answered, quietly, a small smile creeping onto my face. How did i get so lucky? Before he could answer my phone began to ring. It was on the bedside table. Brett's arm retracted from my body so I could turn around and get it. I sat up on the bed as I picked it up and held it to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, maybe I should have checked the caller id..

"Hattie. Get home right now." Mom stated, "You need to come and help us."

"Who is us?" I asked, almost immediately.

"Gary and Katherine.. They're moving in." She informed me. My mouth dropped open, my heart began to pound. "Hattie I want you to come home right now and help."

"No." I stated, my breaths becoming ragged with every passing second.

"Excuse me?"

"Do i have to spell it out for you? N O." I answered, my tone annoyed, angry even.

"Hattie I won't tell you again." Mom warned.

"If they move in, I'm moving out." I replied.

"If you're trying to make me choose then I have to choose happiness, Hattie." Mom told me. I knew what the answer was going to be before she even said it.

"I'll come by and pick up my stuff later." I said quietly.

"No need. I'll drop it all off at Brett's house." Mom said chirpily before she hung up. I chucked the phone onto the bed and placed my head in my hands.

"Did you hear any of that?" I asked, trying to hold back from kicking off in any way.

"No, I'm not going to listen in on your business, Hattie. That's not how relationships work." He told me. "What happened?"

"You were right. God damn it, you were right!" I began to raise my voice as I got up off the bed and picked up Brett's shirt from the floor and pulled it over me.

"About what?" Brett asked softly.

"My mother." I stated before I left the room, and headed down the stairs. As I reached the bottom of the stairs I saw a boy about to knock on the front door. Without thinking I walked over to the door and pulled it open, meeting a tall, brown haired boy with green eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Theo Raeken and I need your help." He informed me, a small smirk forming on his face as he looked at me up and down.

'Damn, those legs..' He thought.

"Well Theo Raeken, I think you've come to the wrong house." I answered and went to close the door, his hand slammed on the door, stopping it from closing.