Chapter Eleven

After shutting the door to the car, we all sat in silence. I looked at Sam before moving my body closer to him and his arms welcomed me warmly. Jason had his hand on his head and Chelsea was at a loss for words.

"I'm sorry." Jason broke the silence sharply.

"What's wrong?" Chelsea looked at him with concern-filled eyes.

"I just don't want to be near her right now." He sighed, frustrated.

"You don't have to stay with Felicity and I tonight if she makes you that uncomfortable. Don't worry." She rubbed his back in circular motions.

"No, I'm staying by your side tonight. Even though it would be way more convenient to rent a hotel for the night, it'll avoid a lot of conflict if we just tough it out. I would hate to see your mother so sad after seeing Liza after 4 years." I could see Jason physically calm down after saying those words.

"I'm staying with you too," Sam held my hand in his.

"Sam, please don't put yourse-" I started,

"I know you don't want me to do this but I'm going to because she needs to realize that I'm with you and that I'm not leaving your side." Sam brought me closer to his slender frame. I looked down at my stomach and worry filled my heart. Soon, before I realized it, I found a few tears silently slip down the bridge of my nose and I took a deep breath.

We found ourselves just sitting in the car, no words being spoken, just being held by one another. We didn't want to go home to this mess that had been created. Before we knew it, 15 minutes had gone by and we were still sitting in the parking lot. Jason finally started the car and made the dreaded drive home slowly.

We got home only to see my mother sitting on the couch eating popcorn and catching up with my sister. I led the walk in with no fear of my sister or her threats. My mother saw me out of the corner of her eye but Sam, Chelsea, and Jason followed my lead right up the stairs. Chelsea and Jason disappeared into her room and Sam followed me into mine. After shutting the door I took a deep breath in and sighed.

"What's wrong babe?" I sat down next to Sam on my bed and took off my shoes.

"Where do I start? My feet are swollen, my back hurts, I have a headache, I'm super nauseous, my sister is being ridiculous, my parents are in a way supporting her, and to top that all off... I'm pregnant.... with twins." I spoke quickly and I felt a hot tear slip down my cheek, I gripped Sam's hand tightly.
"I feel like I don't know what to do anymore and these kids aren't going to delay their arrival just because things are not of an ideal situation in the world they are gonna enter. I feel like I have been so stressed out and without the physical support of my parents being here when I need them is overwhelming." I took another deep breath before running out of my room and to the bathroom where I heaved several times before slouching on the floor next to the tub.

Sam walked into the bathroom and sat on the floor with me as I broke out into a cold sweat and started panting. "Don't you worry about anything, I promise. I will make right by you and by these babies up until my last breath on this Earth." Sam kissed my sweaty forehead and stood up to bring me a washcloth soaked in cool water.

"Here," he handed me the towel.

"Thanks."I stood up from the ground and wiped my face before wrapping my arms around him and burying my face into his shirt which smelled heavily of his musky and smooth cologne that always calmed me down. "I'm sorry Sam, I just worry." My heart felt lifted.

"You don't have to worry about anything. I will take care of you and our kids." He held me close to him and kissed my head gently. "Come on," He grabbed my hand and led me to my bedroom. "It's time for you to get some sleep." He put away the clothes sitting on my bed and unfolded the covers to tuck me in. After changing into my tank top and sweatpants, I crawled into my bed and let Sam tuck me in before he got in on the other side of my bed. I turned to face him, only our babies separated us.

"I can't believe I'm gonna have 2 daughters." He looked down at my stomach and gently placed his hands on top of my tummy before bending down and kissing it.

"Maycee Victoria and Maylee Auria." I smiled broadly at him.

"Pottorff?" He looked up at me, his face hopeful.

"Yes, you are their dad and you always will be." I felt for the first time since my sister came back into our lives, things were gonna be okay between Sam and I. I turned around and fell asleep quickly.

~

I popped out of bed and sprinted to the bathroom, my stomach clenching tightly like a vice grip. I sat slumped over the toilet only heaving occasionally, my mouth full of thick saliva. When my stomach began to calm down, I finally looked at the time. It was 2:56 in the morning.

After cleaning up I walked back into my room, grabbed my thick quilt, and walked downstairs into the living room to lay down on the couch not to wake up Sam. My face felt flushed and I was really sleepy and went back to sleep in no time.

~

I woke up, my eyelids droopy. I could hear the indistinct chatter of Chelsea and Jason in the backyard, the sun was shining vividly through the half open blinds. When I looked at my phone, it was only 7:15 in the morning and I knew Sam wasn't awake yet. I slipped upstairs and quietly up to my closed bedroom door.

I stood in shock to find my sister laying there with Sam's hand being tightly grasped by hers, Liza's devious and wide eyes stared up at me with no regrets.

***
A/N: Hey guys! It's been some time, recently my health hasn't been all to permitting for me to write. I've been working on this chapter for probably about a week now so I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I did making it! Not sure when the next one will be out but I'm hoping soon. :)
Until next time, ~Reegs