one

KIMBERLY

My alarm clocked beeped and beeped. I got so frustrated that I grabbed it and threw it across the room.

"Fucking annoying." I sighed. I stretched and got up from bed. I walked slugishly to the bathroom to start my day.

I took a shower, brushed my teeth, did my hair, make-up. I changed into a skirt, lavender halter crop top, and a white cardigan along with some white vans. My hair was down and straightened. I grabbed my backpack and walked out the house.

I walked to school with my best friend Mia most of the time. She lived two houses down from mine.

I looked to my left to see her running towards me. I stopped and waited for her.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Hey." I smiled back.

We started to walk again.

"So, tell me about you and Derek. How are you two? Haven't heard from him in forever."

Derek Luh. He was three years older than me. We met at one of his parties about two years ago. Since then we started to talk and we eventually were in a relationship. We recently broke up since we got into a fight that led us into getting physical about maybe two months ago. I didn't tell anyone because well, it's none of their business and I'm old enough to handle my own problems. I don't need people talking at school about me and Derek's fight.

"We're uh... good. We're good." I nodded slowly.

"Kimmy, I'm not dumb. What's going on?"

"Nothing. I said we're good." I rolled my eyes. "Look, it's my relationship and I understand you're my best friend, basically my sister, but please don't get into it." I shrugged.

"I understand, Kimmy."

"Thank you." I gave her a smile.

"Speak of the devil."

"What?" My stomach churned.

I looked forward to see Derek's car.

Kill me now.

"Uh, race you to the school."

"I'm wearing heels!"

I looked down at her feet to see her white heels.

"Why? Why are you wearing heels, Mia?" I groaned.

"Because I finally found an outfit for them." She mumbled.

Derek's car parked next to us on the curb. Mia stopped but I continued walking until Mia pulled me back.

"Hey, baby." Derek smiled.

I gave him a death stare.

"Need a ride, ladies?"

"Please? Kimmy is forcing me to walk when she has a car."

"It's not starting, I told you that." I pouted.

"I can fix that." Derek chuckled. "C'mon, get in."

Mia got in the back. I opened the passenger door and got in and closed the door. Derek leaned in and kissed my neck. I pushed on his chest.

"Stop." I said softly.

He sat back in his seat and started driving. It was a quiet ride. Derek put his hand on my thigh and squeezed it tightly.

"You look sexy as always." Derek said.

"Both hands on the wheel." I took his hand off.

"That's not you weren't saying that the last time. When my fingers were in your warm, wet--"

"Stop!" I yelled.

"I regret getting in this car with the two of you." Mia said.

"I regret getting in this car as well." I mumbled.

"Why are you like that, huh?" Derek said, parking in front of the school.

"Like what?"

"I'm being nice to you and being sweet to you and you're just being a fucking bi..." He paused.

"A what? Huh? Say it, Derek!" I pushed his temple with my index finger.

"A bitch! You're acting like a bitch right now! And honestly, it doesn't surprise me because you're the most ungrateful, most selfish, and most self-centered bitch I've ever met!" He yelled.

"Are you serious right now?! At least I didn't fucking get drunk, beat the shit out of you, and then fuck multiple people while being in a relationship with you! And I'm glad I left your ass because you're a pendejo, Derek!"

"Wait, ya'll fought?!" Mia yelled.

"Mia, get out the car, please? I'll see you soon." I said.

"You have so much fucking explaining to do!" She got out the car and slammed the door.

"You put your hands on me first, Kimmy."

"You threw a fucking chair at me!"

"Stop yelling!"

"You just make me so goddamn mad! I'm so fucking dumb for letting you in my life. Go fuck yourself, Derek Luh." I grabbed my backpack and got out the car.

"I knew it was a bad fucking idea to date a latina!" He yelled.

I ignored him and continued walking.

i'm watching sum dumb shit bout these plastic surgeons that are just 🙄

but anyway, have a good rest of ur day, morning, night...

YOU ARE NOW LIVING HEALTHY

- soul 🌴