twentyone

KIMBERLY

I woke up the next morning on the couch still in my clothes from yesterday. I got up from the couch and headed up to Derek's room. He was gone. I walked out of the room and into the guest room. Or Jai's room. I grabbed a pillow he had on the floor from throwing it at me last night and threw it at him.

"Go away." He groaned.

I walked back downstairs. I grabbed a cold waterbottle from the fridge. I was gonna get him good. I creeped to his bed and opened the waterbottle. I poured it all over his face and smacked him. I ran out the room and all I heard was, 'Fuck!'

"Kimberly you're fucking cleaning all of this!" He shouted.

I was dying of laughter.

"That was great." I wiped my tears.

He picked me up and put me on his shoulder.

"Jai!" I yelled.

Next thing I know, I'm in the pool.

"I fucking hate you." I splashed him.

"Are you kidding me? I'm drenched in freezing water."

"Yeah but only your hair."

"Still wet."

"At least help me out."

He took his hand out and I reached for it. I pull him in. I started laughing.

"That was fucked, I saw that coming too."

"Yeah bitch." I laughed.

He swam closer to me. I knew he was going to kiss me. He cupped my face and pecked me a gently kiss. And then again but longer. He wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap mine around his neck. He pulled away.

"Just because we couldn't yesterday." He said, pulling my bottom lip down with his finger and letting it flick back up by itself.

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"It's cool. I feel where Derek's coming from. I've gone through it. But eventually, we just moved on." He shrugged. "We stayed friends though and it's like we were never together. It's weird but at least things aren't awkward or ended off at bad terms."

"That's what I hope for Derek and I. If we don't get back together, to just still be close and not end off badly. I love Derek, I do. But we just have so many complications and problems. We're just not... meant for each other. As much as we try to believe that we are, we're not. And I think we're bothing starting to get that and accept that."

He nodded.

"Yeah." I said softly and looked down at the water.

🉐

Been pretty active now that it's summer so I'm pretty happy about that. Hope this story is still going good & isn't flopping. Btw sorry for putting Kimmy with like three dudes lmao.

YOU ARE NOW LIVING HEALTHY

- soul 💞