Chapter 1

"Why is it so crowded today?" I questioned annoyed as I pushed through people.

I got free and made my way towards Forever 21. They were having a sale today and I didn't want to miss it. I picked up my pace, almost sprinting towards the store when it came in sight. Entering the store I gave a huge smile when I saw the 50% off sign on the front of the store. I didn't waste no time scrounging through the different clothes racks. I went to the middle of the store to see the deals they had for skinny jeans, and took up 4 pairs, then I looked at shirts and dresses, taking up 3 shirts and a dress. Satisfied with my selection, I went to the checkout line only to have my mood dampened again at seeing the long lines.

Before anyone else came into the line I quickly took a spot in line. After a dreadful 5 minutes I was at the front.

"Hi, welcome to forever 21, would you like to use your forever 21 card?"

"Yes please." I said handing the card to the woman.

"Thank you for shopping with us!" She said handing me my card and the bag with my purchases.

"Thank you."

"Have a good day!"

"You too." I called back.

Usually when I'm told to have a good day I don't have any concerns about it, but when she told me that, I had a feeling that my day would be anything but good. I walked out the store and headed to the elevator to go to bath and body works. In the glass elevator it was pretty easy to people watch so as I was ascending I looked down at the bustle below. There was a man that caught my eye, wearing a brown jacket, jeans, with brown hair and brown eyes. He was acting peculiar, he took caution as he walked through the crowd, heading towards a man. Without any warning, the man dropped to the floor. I screamed causing the crowd to look up, but then another scream was heard, as people realized what happened. The man that I had been watching, was looking at me when I turned around.

The ding of the elevator told me I had reached the third floor. I took off through the door and headed for the stairs to take me down the first floor. I thank those years of cross country for helping me in this situation. I leaped down the stairs, skipping 3 at a time. Now I was on the second floor, I slowed my pace, so as not to look suspicious.

Looking around I headed for the stairs to lead me to the first floor, then the parking lot and finally freedom. Three minutes later I was outside sitting in my car, taking deep breaths. My feeling from earlier was right, I thought letting out a sigh. I have to go to the police, that man saw my face and I saw his.

It's been years since I've been in this kind of place, and I didn't expect to come back. Stepping into the police station, I headed for the front desk.

"Hi, can I speak to the sheriff please?"

"His office is right there," she said pointing to a door that said Sheriff's office.

I thanked her and walked over to his office. I opened it slightly, and he ushered me in.