Chapter 9

"I bet you feel like a real bitch for how you acted." I heard someone say.

"I get that he lost his parents, but Zara is nothin' like him and she's in the same boat." Replied a female voice, Freya I figured.

"People handle grief in different ways." I heard the footsteps leave my door, then a knock. I sat up and gave Freya the 'okay' to enter.

"Did you hear us?" She asked closing the door behind her, I nodded to answer her question.

"I don't mean anything by it, it's just that he really knows how to push my buttons." She said sighing as she took a seat in a chair by the dresser.

"It's just how he is." I said giving her a small smile.

"Well can't do nothin' bout his personality, but he could do with learning some manners."

I laughed, "good luck with that," I said.

"Oh, its breakfast time, I forgot why I even came in here." She said standing up and ushering me to follow her.

Pushing off the covers I followed her out the room. When we reached the landing the sweet aroma of eggs and bacon hit me. I was starving so the smell made my stomach growl loud, and Freya to turn to look at me as she laughed.

Walking in the kitchen we see the boys already seated at the table. I take a seat next to River who's playing with his oatmeal. Feeling me staring at him he turns his face towards me with an eyebrow raised, I just shake my head in response.

"Got something to say?" He asks after swallowing.

"Not gonna eat?" I point to his full bowl of oatmeal.

"Not hungry." He went back to playing with his food.

"Here you go everyone." Dana said handing out plates of egg and bacon with biscuits to everyone.

"Hungry now?" I asked. He stabs his eggs with the fork and jams it into his mouth, ignoring me. I smile, he was sulking because he didn't like the oatmeal, adorable. I take his bowl and pour it into mine.

"What are you doing?"

"Better not to waste it right?" Smiling I eat my full bowl of oatmeal, and ask to save my eggs and bacon for later.

"That was nice of you." Freya said when we were washing the dishes.

"I guess."

"You sure you're cousins?" She asks.

"Is it 'cause of our-"

"No!" She shouts making me burst out with laughter. She blushes to the color of a cherry, and I try to calm down my laughing.