Chapter 7

It turns out that it wasn't only Hal and Freya living here, which made my desire to leave increase tenfold. Hal had two other sons, and his wife. To have three kids and bring in two strangers to your home shows this man has a big heart, and I rather not let him get involved.

They had me take a shower first, while River hung out with the boys. It was clear River had no intention of interacting with them, he just couldn't do it. I could tell River wasn't one for having friends he said so himself, but for him to go out of his way to not make them puzzles me.

"Here's some clothes, they should fit you seeing as we're about the same size. Except for the fact you have more assets than I do." Freya said sizing me up and down.

"Thank you." I said hesitantly.

"No problem, and what's with your cousin he doesn't seem to say a lot."

I shrugged my shoulders, and said "He's a man of few words."

I closed the door to the bathroom, removing my clothes and hopping into the shower to get rid of all the dirt and grime that covered me from head to toe. In doing so, I noticed a few scratches on my arms, legs and stomachs from broken branches. The tiny ones didn't need a band-aid, they'd heal on their own, but some that were deep I would have to bandage up.

Now, how would I ask for multiple band-aids without it sounding suspicious, I wondered as I washed my curls with the shampoo and conditioner that I saw. After washing my hair I stepped out of the shower and braided my hair to the side. Putting on the clothes, I noticed two things. The shirt was tight suffocating my breasts, and the shorts looked small so I didn't even try. It was smart of me to bring my bag of extra clothes from home. Tight shirts weren't really my style, but I decided to wear it since she went through the trouble of giving it to me.

I took out a pair of shorts of my own, and put it on along with my underwear. Exiting the bathroom, I went down to the living room where everyone was sitting. River was the first to see me, but said nothing, only raising an eyebrow, and I mimicked the action, not sure what he was thinking.

"I was definitely right, but the shorts aren't the ones I lent you." Freya said.

"Yeah the shorts were too small, but thanks for the shirt."

I felt holes being burned into me, turning I could see her two brothers Mitch, and Ben. They were staring hard at me, making me uncomfortable. River got up and stood by my side, silently.

"Oh, young man its time for you to get rid of all that mud on you, come along." Hal's wife, Dana, said walking into the room, and pulling River by the arm.

He didn't even have time to react before he was dragged away. I smiled at his shocked expression.

"Have you ever considered having an interracial relationship? I may be white from the waist up, but I'm black from the waist down."  Mitch said smirking as he walked up to me. He was the oldest, 24, and Ben was 19.