Chapter 17 leave everything behind

Aphmau's POV
When Garroth left I immediately fell asleep, I had no dreams that night which kind of bothers me as I always have a dream or a nightmare... It must've something to do with the events of that night as well, like when I was in the spirit world . When I woke up Levin and Aphasia were still asleep so I quietly got out trying not to wake them. When I was out and upstairs I saw mom and Lady Isabelle talking

'Good morning' I have to be polite, especially in front of my mother. They both smiled at me and my mom motioned for me to sit down.

'Aphmau, as you probably know about your wedding... we will have to wait with it until we restore Skyflare back. Up to then I want you and your younger siblings to stay here in Phoenix Drop for your own safety, I've already discussed this with Lady Isabelle and she agreed to this.'

'I understand, but how can Skyflare be dangerous for me?'

'I know you are hunted by the shadow knights, back in Skyflare most of our guards are working to bring our city back and we lost some during the attack, Phoenix Drop has better defences now than we have and I don't want you hurt'

'I get it'

'I'll be on my way, your father must be worried sick about us'

'Yeah, safe travels mom' then she left, I decided to go on a walk around town to see how everyone was doing. Although this is not my city, I feel like I should take care of this place. On my way I saw Garroth and Laurence patroling around the gate

'Hey guys!'

'Aph! How are you doing?' Garroth asked, Laurence just waved and smiled

'Good, how are you two?'

'I'm fine as long as you are fine' I was pulled closer to my prince and saw Laurence look like he was going to be sick of cuteness.

'I'm alright' he can't fool me! I can see something is wrong, so can Garroth and everyone else

'Laurence, what's up with you today. Do you feel well?'

'Not really, but I am fine to be on patrol... just not fight' Laurence was pale and looked very weak, I couldn't help but feel sad and guilty because they had to up their defences because I was here... I can't stand being the problem. And will no longer be, I said bye to the guys and went to the docks to think...
I have to leave, nobody is safe around me... tonight I will pack my backpack and leave... I will only leave a note. This is my plan, I'm so sorry for this but I can't risk lives around me... I... It will break Garroth's heart but... it's for his own good...

*Later that night*
Lady Isabelle gave me and my siblings a small house on the outskirts of town. Perfect! I had a room with Levin and Aphasia had her own. The only problem is that there are guards around the house and I will have to sneak out of the window onto the nearest tree without anyone noticing... I need to get prepared so I went downstairs and grabbed some supplies that I might need. Then I packed a few clothes and some hair dye to change my appearance just a little bit, I packed it all into my purple backpack and began writing the note...

Dear everyone,
I was not kidnapped at all, I ran away. I can't stand the fact that others might get badly hurt because of me and this is why I am no longer in Phoenix Drop. This was my decision to protect the ones I care for and please don't come after me no matter what happens.
Love, Aphmau of Skyflare

Some of the note was smudged as I was crying while writing this, I just want to protect the ones I care for...
It's time. I left the note on my bed, and I carefully climbed out of the window and onto the tree, soon I was running, I couldn't go out through the gates so I went to the shoreline and swam across. I was wet and tired after doing so but I had no time to lose, I knew that ghe guards will check on us every now and then so my dissappearence will be descovered soon if it yet wasn't. I knew that even if I write not to come looking for me they will that's why I have to keep running.

Laurence's POV
I was sick all day but I didn't want to rest until I knew Aphmau is safe. Why? She is my best friend's fioncee and I could see how much they cared for each other. I was assigned for a night shift at her place and at about midnight I was supposed to check on the three royal kids of Skyflare but when I looked in through Aphmau's door she wasn't there... I ran in trying to find clues of where she might be but all I found was a note on her bed... I read it and ran to Garroth as he was the closest to Aph as well as the head guard.

'Garroth! Aphmau... she ran...away!' I said in between breaths and gave him the note... I saw many emotions come up to his eyes, fear, love, betrayal, anger... we ran our of the guard station and to Lady Isabelle's house to tell her the news...

Hey guys! So as you can probably tell I am feeling a bit better and my writer's block is gone! Yey celebration! And important note! My schedule is going to be like this from Monday on ward,
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I will be posting Tangled in Love.
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I will be posting Memories of My Past.
I won't post anything on Sundays unless a special chapter or something like that... hope you are fine with the new schedule and I will cya in da next chapter!bye! You took my job...who cares!

^^Sisi and Fifi^^