Chapter #9

This chapter is dedicated to ShrutikaBhagwat once again !

----------------------

"Um.. Good morning mam. Can I borrow your car for today ? The Internship trip starts this Tuesday and we were allowed to take a companion and my friend is coming over today. I need to go to the airport as her flight is due in two hours", I explained to my vice-principle. I didn't know I had the audacity to ask my principal for her car but then again, I knew no one here.

She raised an eyebrow at me and then gave me one of her rare smiles,"Haha.. I know all about you from Brooklyn Reyna and also about the Internship programme. I'll drive you there and your friend can stay with you till Tuesday", she finished. I breathed a sigh of relief and smiled back at her. Now I didn't have to worry about being late.

*******

I was thirty minutes early and had to wait near the exit gate. I had just come out of the terminal some weeks back and here I was again. The memories of school almost made me wish I could go back just to enjoy things for a second time. The timeless friendships, the teasings and heartbreaks and tears.

Suddenly I spotted a familiar figure at a distance and I smiled a huge smile to myself. "Still shorter than me", I smirked. Being the gorgeous that she was, she had worn a ripped jeans with a olive crop top and black boots. Her curly hair fell down below her shoulders and heart shaped shades protected her eyes. She saw me and screamed (I thought she did because her shades made it difficult for me haha) as I hugged her.

It had been five years after all.

******

"Tell me what have I missed about you in these five years Nick", I said as we were going back to campus.

"Five years eh?", she sighed,"well.. That I am studying psychology and I learnt how to ride a bike and that I got inked", she said showing off her tattoo that adorned her left arm.

"No way bitch !", I exclaimed. We had always wanted to learn how to ride a bike. And travel together. The typical teenage fantasies. Who knew they would all come true in some way ?

She then went talking about her relationship with Andrew and her family and how beautiful Australia was to which we burst out laughing.

Boy ! It certainly felt good to have the same old Nicky by my side once again.

Yes ... Not all relationships last forever. But when those some do , it sure is magic.

---------------------------

"Did you take your toothbrush ?", Nicky kept asking me.

"Yeah MOM I did ! Also, this is the fifth time that you asked me", I sighed in exasperation.

"Oh.. Really? Okay", she gave a nervous laugh.

Our bags were packed for the coming week. Although it was like a holiday for Nicky she still agreed to help me on my assignment as she knew photography better than me.

The rest of the evening was spent by Nicky helping me learn the features of my camera and clicking useless photos and pillow fights and having a chocolate every now and then. It reminded me of the night outs that we had back in school.

Nicky always managed to give me a feeling of home.

------------------------------

Double update! Double update !

Have a superb day !! XD