1

Rose's P.O.V.

I sit there in my cell and just silently stare at the wall. I had my last beating three hours ago if I was counting correctly in my head. My next one should be coming up soon.

I started getting abused by Alpha Zack when my parents were killed by rogues. Those dirty little monsters, just go around killing the only thing that kept me safe.

I hear someone come down the stairs and I immediatly stiffen. Zack. He had someone with him I could smell the other scent along with his.

Zack soon came to where I could see him and he was standing with the person that made me the most sick. Brittney. She was a slut in other words. Always seducing other womens' mates. I'm lucky I don't have a mate or that would be the first thing she would go after.

"Get up. You need to wash up. Alpha Jake is coming soon to have a meeting with us and he wanted all pack members. He would be able to smell you if I didn't bring you up so come on chop, chop." Zack said interrupting me from my thoughts.

I hesitantly stood up and shuffled over to them. Brittney grabbed what was left of my torn up shirt and dragged me up the stairs with Zack trailing behind. When I fully got up the stairs I was taken to the bathroom and I undressed slowly. I ran the water hot and got in instantly feeling all my sore and weak muscles relax under the heat.

I was letting the water run down my body not a care in the world. All the dried up blood now going down the drain. I was so relaxed and at peace for the first time in a while.

Zack came into the room. "You have 10 minutes to finish your shower then come to my room for clothes." He says.

I quickly washed up and wrap a towel around my body tightly. I walked to Zack's room and went in. He was sitting on his bed and when he saw me he went into his closet. He pulled out a hoodie and sweats that were both fresh and brand new. There was no scent that was how I could tell. He shoved me in the bathroom and I locked the door. I quickly change into the clothes he handed me and brush my hair. I brush my teeth then walk out and he is sitting on the bed.

"Alpha Jake is almost here so you need to go stand with the other pack members in the back row. Go." He said without looking up from his paperwork.

I hurried out of the room towards where all the pack members usually gather. I go to the back row and find the last open spot.

We wait patiently standing there for about 10 mintes before Alpha Zack walked in the room with a boy that was really hot. He didn't look fit enough to be an Alpha but maybe a Beta.

"Hello everyone. This is Beta Justin, Alpha Jake's Beta. Justin has alerted me that Jake should be coming in here any moment." Right as Zack was finishing, as if on cue, a tall man with brown hair and brown eyes, that had a muscular build came through the door.

Just looking at him gave me butterflies. He walked to where my Alpha was then started speaking. "Hello everyone. I'm Jake, the Blood Moon pack's Alpha. Today I have come here to find my mate. This is the only pack left so hopefully she is here." He said finishing up his little speech. Even his voice was angelic.

All the girls started whispering. Every person that had a mate and all the guys left leaving all the single werewolves. Brittney yelled out to him once he started sniffing people. "Jake, if you can't find a mate I'll be yours." She said twirling her dyed blonde hair around her finger.

"She is here. I just need to figure out which one." He replied back.

Every girl he passed let out a little whimper. Too bad girls.

He was already at the second to last row. Almost at mine. Every girl was crying now as he passed. He started getting closer to me but I knew it couldn't be me. I'm not that lucky and I never will be.

One more girl away. He sniffed her then his eyes turned a dark brown almost black color. He started growling not because he was mad though. It took him a moment like he was doubting his decision.

He turned to me. "Mine." He growled. I let out a yelp as he pulled me into his arms.

Sparks flew everywhere. I stayed frozen in his arms. All my senses floated away as he hugged me tighter. He smelled of mint vanilla, it smelled amazing.

"You are so beautiful." He whispered into my hair.

He started rubbing up and down my arms and I winced. He happened to be rubbing my new bruises from not even four hours ago.

He rolled up my sleeve and saw the bruises. His eyes turned pitch black. He started growling a mean alpha growl.

"Who did this to you!?" He almost screams at me.

Brittney comes up behind him. "She is a mute. You won't get a reply from her." she says, rubbing her hand up his arm in a flirting manner.

Then I hear Jake's voice but his mouth isn't moving. Who did this to you? He said in my head anger laced in his voice.

I shrugged. Zack always told me that I was never allowed to tell anyone about what he did to me. Let alone this stranger that is my mate. I need to trust before anything.

I clearly made him more angry as he stomped over to Zack.

"What do you mean you don't know who did that to her? You're the alpha you should know of everything that goes on." Jake yells at Zack.

"Rose, come over here, please." Zack yells to me.

I walked over slowly and stand next to Jake's side. I wonder what will happen.

"Rose, were you abused in this pack?" Zack asks giving me a threatening glare that only I could see.

I shake my head no, but Jake cuts in. "Yes you were, Rose. Don't lie to me or him, you have bruises all over your arms."

"Well, she is very clumsy. You should see her walking around the pack neighborhood, she trips and falls a lot." Zack lies making his own cover story.

"Whatever. I'm taking Rose with me." Jake says lightly grabbing me hand.

I finally get to get out of this torture chamber people call a good pack.

"You can't do that. Rose is in my pack and you aren't allowed to just take her." Zack argues.

"Yes I am. She is my mate and she was also treated poorly in this pack." Jake says leading me to the door.

He grabs my back and the bottom of my thigh then lifts me up. I wince in surprise and he pulls my close to his body. I can feel the muscles in his arms but he doesn't need them. I probably was like a feather compared to what he has carried.

Jake ran out of the pack house with inhuman speed.

Where we were going, I don't know? All I knew is that I was in Jake's arms and I have never felt safer in my life.