20

Rose's P.O.V.

It has been 24 hours since Jake was declared missing. I've been moping around the house whimpering while remembering all our memories.

I decided to go up to Jake's office, because that totally won't remind me of him. Sarcasm should be noted.

He had something on his desk which was a letter. It was from the Sliver Moon Pack, my old pack.

I thought Zack was dead...

Austin had reassured me that Jake was alive or I would feel dead inside. I don't feel dead, so that's a good thing, but every few hours or so I can feel a pain somewhere on my body. Usually it's the stomach but it usually spreads.

Opening the letter, I started to read to all my ability.

Dear Blood Moon Pack,

We have wanted to notify you on our new alpha. Every since Zack miraculously died, we had to find a new one.
Our decision is final now and we have chose Ryan Fuller as our new Alpha. Ryan got the Alpha roll since he was already in training. If you haven't made the connection, Ryan Fuller is Zack Fuller's son.
Our pack has wanted to invite you over for a brunch at our pack house, you are welcome to not come but it would be appreciated.

Thanks, Silver Moon Pack

I finish the letter and I don't know what to think. All I know is anger boiled inside me. Ryan is the worst ruler to choose, he is arrogant and cocky. He could barely even follow the rules and he was 18.

Could Jake of really go to their pack's house? Is he really that stupid?

Justin, I think I might know where Jake is! I scream in his head.

Within seconds he is in Jake's office with me. "Where, Rose? Where?" He asks out of breath.

The Silver Moon's Pack house. He got a letter inviting him over for brunch. I say getting up and about to shift.

"No, rose. You're staying here. Jake wouldn't want you to risk your life for him." Justin says sitting me down in a chair.

That's not fair. How come the guy can save the girl's life but the girl can't save the guy's?

Once he was out of the house I got myself prepared. I grabbed some black leather pants and a maroon tank-top. I put on a slim leather jacket that was tight fit and put my hair up.

Rose, no need to worry. Jake isn't at the Silver Moon's house. Austin says in my head. I didn't believe him though.

Once I could smell everyone was back at the pack house, I head out. I cover my scent up and start running in the direction of my old pack house with the help of a map.

I get to the borderline of their pack and hide behind a tree. I see that the guards have bordered their property. Maybe even more than usual. This might be hard.

I get into an army crawl and start slowly making my way to the fence. This part of the fence has no guards surrounding it. I see a hole in the bottom big enough for a rabbit to fit and start digging deeper. Soon the hole is big enough for me to fit though and I slip through with a breeze.

Running my full speed I go to the escape door that I used to sneak through when I was younger. Lucky no guards were at this door or inside.

Knowing Ryan, he probably was dumb enough to put Jake in the basement chambers. I just needed to figure out which door.

The first one I opened revealed an old man bathing. Gross. I immediately shut the door and go to the next one.

I see a girl strapped to a table with black hair hanging over the edge. I sneak over to peak at who it is.

Violet? I ask.

She slowly turns her head toward me. Her face is bruised and she had cuts on her lips.

Vi, what happened? I ask. Her body looked so fragile and she was pale with purple bruises planted everywhere.

She lifted a finger and pointed to a door.

"Aw, Sweet Cheeks! Glad you could join us!"