One

Courage. That's one thing that my mother taught me. She taught me that I should never be afraid of anyone. That I'm as good as anyone else. She also made sure I stayed fit enough to protect myself. She wanted to make sure I was protected. Ever since I reached the age of fourteen, mother took special measures to protect me.

Because I was different.

Every child should be able to communicate with their inner wolf by age fourteen. But I never did. I never met my wolf, and she never came forward to meet me. No one can figure out why. Not even our pack Doctor can summon her. We've tried everything. The pack Doctor has given me several serums to try and bring her forward, but nothing has worked.

I am seventeen years old now. Most of the people my age are slowly progressing their fighting training with their wolves. My generation want to make a change to this pack. There planning to be the toughest, so that no one messes with us ever again. As much as I'd like to help, they always sternly tell me that I'm a waste of space; and that I needed to go join Willow Creek.

And sometimes.. I have to agree. Sometimes I believe that I should just go join the humans. But then I know that I'm wrong.

I may not be full wolf yet, but I still have qualities that humans do not. I'm fast, probably the fastest in the pack. Even on two legs, I have a lot of people beat. I can only imagine what it'll be like when my wolf comes. Well.. If my wolf comes.

I also have the strength that we normally have. It's nothing special, but it's still more then the average human.

"Emmilyn!"

My eyes snapped up and adjusted on the face of the person yelling.

"Emmilyn, I've been talking to you for over ten minutes! Have you even heard a word I was saying?"

I sighed. I tend to get lost in thought a lot, and it really drove my mother crazy.

"Emmilyn.. You have to start acting normal. I'm afraid that if you start acting anymore odd, they'll try to throw you out." My mother, Helen, replied softly.

"Mom they won't throw me out. You know Alpha Clemmons.. He only cares about numbers." I responded, a sassy tone slowly etching into my voice.

"Like hell they will. I'll knock the shit out of anyone that messes with you."

Oh Braden. My sweet brother of only fifteen years old. He always has been super protective over me. More then a normal brother. But I didn't mind, he was such a great person. Whoever his mate was one day would be lucky.

"-and you need to stop cursing!"

I tuned back in and chuckled, I always miss the arguments. "Good morning, Braden!"

He turned his attention to me, his scowl fading to a smile. "Good morning, Emmilyn!"

At only the age of fifteen, most of the members my age already had a crush on my brother. Which is really gross.  He's only fifteen. But he had short dark black hair that was pushed back, with intelligent green eyes.

"Ready for school, Twerp?" I asked, ruffling his hair. He shot me a glare, fixing his hair.

"I don't see why we have to go to school. It's not like we're doing much with our lives anyways," He rolled his eyes. "We hunt, we bring the food back, and do any stupid jobs that we get commanded to do. Because we are Omegas."

As much as I wanted to disagree with him, I sighed. He was right. We were just omegas. And as forgiving as our Alpha was.. He treated the Omegas like slaves. My mother knew this best. She was the head maid of the pack house. He had her clean everything. And there was nothing she could do about it. She was an Omega. And an Omega couldn't fight back. An omega did as they were told.