Seven

I rolled my eyes, listening to Delta Bryant's endless chatter about the most random things. First he was talking about the pack, then about food, and then about Willow Creek.

"-such hypocrites, don't you think?" He grumbled, running a hand through his hair. He had shifted on the way back again, where he had left some clothes before apparently. So now he walked beside me, in a pair of gym shorts.

I'm not going to say I didn't check him out at least once.

Maybe I did.

Maybe I didn't.

"But enough about that.. Tell me about you?"

I sighed, swatting at a pesky mosquito. "Not much to tell, I'm not to interesting." I shrugged, his eyes showing a hint of disbelief.

"You can tell me, you know. I'm a good listener," Bryant frowned, his eyebrows furrowing. "I just told you my basic whole life story."

"I didn't ask for it." I mumbled, watching as his eyes widened and he leaned over and thumped my ear.

"Ow! What was that for!" I yelled, rubbing my ear.

He shrugged, chucking. "That was rude."

I rolled my eyes, a slight pout coming over my face. I didn't even know this dude, but he was acting like he's known me for his entire life.

"Nicole." I eventually said, huffing a breath. "My name is Nicole Bell."

"Nicole Bell." He murmured, his eyes showing content. "Where are you from Nicole Bell?"

"Nakoda Pack," I shrugged, sighing gently. "I'm just trying to get to Willow Creek to pick up something, and now I'm going to be late." I sighed again.

He thought for a minute, looking down the path towards where we were headed then back to me.

"You know what, this is stupid. You seem like a decent enough person. I'll take you to Willow Creek, but don't try anything funny." He grumbled, running a hand through his hair.

"Really?" I squeaked in a high tone, a smile breaking across my face. "Thank you so much!" I smashed into him, squeezing him tightly into a hug.

He huffed slightly, running a hand through his hair. "I can get into so much trouble for this." Bryant grumbled. "Follow me, Nicole Bell."

•~•

After an excruciating three hour hike towards Willow Creek, we finally arrived into the small town. Both of us clearly exhausted, well maybe just me.

"Here we are.." He said, his hand resting on my shoulder. "Are you going to be okay?" He asked gently, his eyes showing a little concern. 

"I'll be fine. Thank you for all your help, hopefully we will bump into each other soon." I smiled starting to leave.

"Come to the next Gathering." He said in a firm voice, then taking off into the woods at a brisk jog.

I shook my head slightly, why would he just help me? A pinch of fear in my gut warned me that maybe if he knew my real name.. He wouldn't be so helpful.

I continued to walk towards the town, a small hopeful spark going through me.

I walked towards a small motel, a long howl breaking through the air. It seemed close, sending chills down my spine. I didn't know for sure if whoever made the sound was coming my way, or if it was just a convenience.

"Room for one please." My voice came in a hushed whisper, handing him the small sum of cash that I had and taking my key.

I entered the small room, shutting and locking the door behind me.

The howls cut though the air closer, chill bumps appearing on my arms. They sounded urgent.

I could only hope they weren't coming for me.

My breaths coming in small huffs. I rushed to the corner of the room, cowering in the corner.

There was no way I could take on at least seven wolves at once. I thought I was free.

Then all at once, the howls stopped. My breathing returning to normal as I walked towards the window to part the curtain.

I took a breath and pushed the curtain opened, revealing a note on the outside of the window.

Our Alpha wants you.

Authors Note

This is where the plot is starting to kick in. I'm sorry if you believe my novel is moving to slow. I don't like books when in the first and second chapter they meet their mate or the biggest part of the story is revealed. That's just me.

Dedication goes to one of this story's biggest fans! Round of applause for xoxStuckInADreamxox  ! Thank you for supporting his story from the prologue!

Bryant in the pic