Chapter 9

(Warning this chapter my be triggering)

Damian's POV

I groan and punch my door when I hear the front door close. I immediately run downstairs after but before I can get out the door my mom blocks the way crossing her arms. "Damian don't, I know you want to go after her and save her but you can't. She won't listen to you, she'll just keep running." My mom says sternly.

"I cant let her walk back to a life of pain and abuse!" I yell trying to walk around her "Damian do not raise your voice at me and do you really think I want her to go back? No, shes like a daughter to me it hurts to see her in pain"

I clench my jaw wanting to go after her even though I know I can't. Why out of all people did this have to happen to Alexis? Shes so innocent and caring and sweet. Shes beautiful and doesnt know it because of her fucking father. Why cant she just let us say something? He will get put in jail and would never be able to hurt her again.

I groan and stomp back upstairs but not exactly giving up. I quickly go into my room and quietly sneak out my window going onto the roof.

I close the window in case Peanut tries to get out and gently hang off the side of the roof and fall to the ground. I walk in the direction as Alexis's house hopeing that I catch up to her before she gets to the door.

Alexis's POV

*Flashback*

I curled up on my bed with snow right next to me knowing that something was wrong. I haven't stopped crying since mommy left because of daddy. I hate daddy for taking mommy away from me but I don't say anything.

I will never say anything in fear that I would say what daddy did to mommy to someone and then I would end up just like mommy. The funeral was yesterday and even then I was not allowed to speak. I was made to let daddy hug me even though I wanted him far away from me.

Snow lets out a little meow and I lightly pet her head hoping that daddy wont make me get rid of her. The door opens and I look back seeing daddy "Baby girl I want you to come with me and leave your cat in here" I nod listening and stand up scared to be around him.

He brings me down to the basement and I see a man sitting on the bed, confused I look up at daddy questionably. "This nice man is here to help pay for daddy's medicine. But I need you to be a good little girl and do anything he wants with no objections. Can you do that for daddy?"

I nod knowing that daddy wouldn't give me a choice anyway. He pats my head smiling but it doesn't look like a nice one "Good girl, now ill be back down when hes done" He walks back up the stairs and closes the door leaving me alone with the man on the bed.

"Come here let me show you something that you will be doing a lot of from now on."

*End of flashback*

Tears stream down my face as I walk remembering the first day that my dad started using me as a sex object to get money for his drugs. I'm regretting leaving Damian's house each step I take to get to mine.

Things were going great but I should have expected for shit to hit the fan. I wipe my eyes and walk quicker to my house wanting my blades so bad. I cant help but dig my nails into my arms needing some type of pain. I watch the cars go by thinking that maybe if I ran in front of one and got hit I would finally be able to be at peace.

I sigh and continue walking, I could have killed myself by now but I always stayed for Damian. He was always there even though he never knew why I was upset untill now. But he would get over me within a few months finally realizing that im the little unwanted bitch that I am.

I think of every possible way that I could die once and for all. I cross the bridge that I had so many times came to and just sat on the edge wanting to jump so badly into the dark abyss. But never taken the many chances that I had.

I stop walking and drop my bags and walk to the edge. I look down seeing all the sharp rocks that would kill someone if they landed on them.

The water looks so pretty yet would be tainted the second my ugly body touched it. Tears stream down my face as I make up my mind. I climb over the side to where there is no bar between me jumping into the cold water.

I'm already drowning mentally why not just do it physically? Now ill actually be with my mom again. I could feel her kisses on my forehead and her sweet voice. I can get away from being used and beaten by my father.

"I can finally be free" I whisper to myself and with that...

I let go of the railing.