Scarecrow.

9 Months Ago

It was a quiet night in Wayne Manor.. at least. it seemed so. The Batcave was a different story.

The insides of the cave echoed with the grunts of intense training.

Bruce was dressed in a gi, holding up pads that were wrapped around his hands to handle blows. "Come on Mikoto. Once more... harder."

Mikoto was dressed in a gi as well, sweating as she held her fists at ready, her bare feet and hands wrapped in bandages. "Y-yeah.."

Mikoto launched herself forward, landing powerful quick blows, combining many martial art forms, including Kung Fu, Jujitsu, and etc.

"Remember, even in an outright brawl, the laws of Ninjustu can still apply." said Bruce.. "The art of distraction. That is how we use theatrics to distract criminals, however there are other ways this concept can be used."

"Hey Alfred!" Mikoto exclaimed. "That tea?"

Bruce stopped for a minute, only to turn and find that Alfred wasn't there, and have Mikoto's powerful roundhouse kick send him staggering back a few feet.

Bruce smiled slightly, wiping his chin and looking at Mikoto.

"You said distraction right?" said Mikoto with smile. "Ninjutsu.. look for a weakness.. exploit. Use theatrics.. distraction.. I just combined both."

"Not bad." said Bruce. "Perhaps we could do with some real tea now."

As Bruce went in search of Alfred, a voice spoke out. "You know he's going easy on you right?"

Mikoto sighed and turned to find a boy her age with raven black hair, and a rather uncanny resemblance to Bruce. He too was wearing a Gi.

"Damian.." Mikoto said, acknowledging Bruce's biological son. "Well.. yeah.. he's going easy. I've only been at this for a month.. I need experience."

Damian smirked. "A true protege would only need a month. Father doesn't really appreciate how much rougher we need to get before you can go out on the streets because you're.. well.. you."

Mikoto glared at Damian. The two of them had been at odds ever since Bruce had officially adopted her.

"I've seen plenty of the mean streets before I took up a cape and cowl Damian.." Mikoto growled. "I could take out an entire army of muggers without even lifting a finger.. "

"Yes.. you're powerful.. but then why bother to learn all this? Why bother taking up a mantle you don't need?" said Damian. "When instead of pounding them in with bloody fists.. you can summon a storm of lightning to burn them away?"

"It's not about the power." Mikoto said. "It's about finding the means to make a difference as both a symbol and a skill.."

Damian chuckled. "I see, so you think having the Batgirl around Academy City will have same symbolic effect that Batman has on Gotham, you're naive. Batgirl is what perverted men put on their posters to stare at! It's a wasted mantle!"

"That's not what you said about Cassandra Cain." Mikoto growled. 

Damian and Mikoto glared at each other for a few seconds.

"Wanna go a few rounds?" Mikoto said.

"Fool, I've trained with the League of Shadows AND Father.." said Damian. "You'll see what a true pro looks like.."

12 minutes later..

"Want to go again?" Mikoto asked, her arms folded as she put her foot on Damian's exhausted bruised body.