14.

Lauren's pov

We walked into yet another gross high school party, the obnoxious aroma of marijuana and cheap alcohol. We immediately went to the kitchen to find Sam and Andrea. While they all chatted I went to find a drink.

I poured the liquor in my cup, hopefully this will make the night go by a little faster. I started walking back to the group when I bumped into someone. "Shit." I said picking the red cup off of the floor. "I'm so sor- Lauren? Is that you?" He said. "Cam?" I said looking him up and down. Damn, he sure has changed since middle school.

"I thought you moved to New York?" I said hugging him. "I did, but I'm back for a job now." He said smiling. We started talking for a while.

Jack's pov

I noticed Lauren was gone for a while so I went to look for her. I travelled around the house bumping into drunk teens everywhere. I finally saw her talking to some douchebag. I got a little closer and could see he was basically eyefucking her.

I walked over behind her and wrapped my arms around her shoulders. "What's up? Who's this?" I asked trying not to show my anger or jealousy. She looked up at me "oh this is my old friend, Cameron." she spoke nonchalantly. "Cool, I'm Jack, her boyfriend." I said reaching my hand out to him. Once he grabbed it I gripped his hand as hard as I could  and smiled through gritted teeth "so nice to meet you collin."

"It's Cameron." He said. "Right." I said apathetically. "So laur, you ready to go?" I asked. She got the hint and walked away with me.

Lauren's pov

"You want to leave already?" I paused as he began to speak and get frustrated, only for me to cut him off "I thought you'd never ask!" I said happily taking his hand and leaving. We finally made it to the car after trying to get through the crowded house. Jack opened my door for me and jogged over to the other side.

He started driving and placed his hand on my thigh. "You know, you're really hot when you're all jealous and protective." I said smiling over at him. "You're mine. And mine only." He said grabbing my hand and interlacing our fingers. "I'm yours, and only yours. There's no need to worry, babe." I said leaning over the center console and kissing his cheek.

"How did I get so lucky?" Jack said looking over at me. "I love you, finnegan." I said jointing our hands again "I love you too, mendes." He said bringing my hand up and planting a kiss on it.

"Not to ruin the moment but I need some food pronto." I said laughing. "Let's go to your place and order some pizza?" Jack asked. "Sounds good to me." I said as we pulled up  to my house.

*

We walked in immediately greeted by an angry Shawn. "Where the hell have you been?" Shawn questioned worriedly. "I was at a party, sorry mom." I said sarcastically. "Jack and I are going up stairs, bye." I said dragging him up the steps.

"I'm tired, you order the pizza while I go change." I said tossing him my phone. I slipped on a pair of running shorts and a shirt Jack left here a long time ago. I ran and hopped on the bed next to him. "I'm so bored." I pouted. Jack smiled and then pulled a small Baggie out of his pocket. "Thank god, did you get it from Nate?" I asked. "Duh." He said starting to roll the joint.

Nate always has the good stuff. We sat on my balcony and passed the joint back and forth. He was so stoned it was hilarious. I took my phone out and started to record him on snapchat. We continued to smoke until the joint was gone. The pizza finally arrived and we devoured it.

*

"Jaaaack I'm tired." I yawned as I cuddled into his chest. "Just go to sleep babygirl." He said slowly running his hand up and down my back. "But Shawn will kill you if he finds out you slept in here with me." I said falling asleep. "I'll wake up early." He spoke softly, reassuring me.

I finally fell asleep to his soothing voice.