(10)The Now Not So Secret Secret

-(No music yet!)-

Y,n's POV

Mer was acting like a dog pouncing on me and licking me. She cocked her head, confused and nudged me with her head farther down the edge of the forest. I didn't know where she wanted me to go, but she was sure of it. We finally got to a clear spot she sat down on my foot, pleased with her work. I felt a strange presence, not of Mer of anything like the other magics users, though still there. Mer basically told me to stay by the way she looked and me and then turned around, and left.

I don't know how long I waited, but someone showed up. Laurence. That guy. "Y-y/n I'm so-" I turned to leave before Laurence finished. He grabbed my arm, stoping me, though only temporarily. As I pulled away in a matter of seconds he grabbed my other wrist, pushed me against the closest tree, and put my hands above my head. "*Just*like old times.. Heh..." I murmured, not even trying to struggling because I knew he wouldn't let me go. He got reeeeeeeally close to me. "Look at me" he said. I slowly lifted my head up to meet his eyes, yet quickly looked down again, this time at his mouth... "What were you doing?" He said in a concerned voice, not accusingly. "And more importantly what are the you?" He questioned, looking me up an down. "I respect your privacy, however keeping a secret like this could tear everyone apart, if you tell me I won't be a blabber mouth (like Katelyn) but I will tell our group what they need to know and it might even bring us closer together". He said, smiling sympathetically at the end. "You don't need to know, but I will tell you I have magicks... Sort of" I stated defensively, mumbling at the last part. I finally struggled to get out of his grip, but as I suspected it didn't work. He switched one of his hands to hold both of mine, using his free one to raise my chin to look straight at him. The shadow Knight smirked "You know, you look beautiful~ in the dawn" he flirted, I would've instinctively smacked him if he wasn't holding my hands... Wait that sounds wei- "I SHIP IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITT!!!!!!!!!!" I heard someone scream, but I didn't turn my head to look. Laurence let go of me out of surprise and I ran like my life depended on it.

Xx

I can hold my breath
I can bite my tongue
I can stay awake for days
If that's what you want
Be your number one
I can fake a smile
I can force a laugh
I can dance and play the part
If that's what you ask
Give you all I am

I can do it
I can do it
I can do it

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human, yeah

I can turn it on
Be a good machine
I can hold the weight of worlds
If that's what you need
Be your everything

I can do it
I can do it
I'll get through it

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human, yeah

I'm only human
I'm only human
Just a little human

I can take so much
Until I've had enough

'Cause I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human, yeah

Xx

I woke up with a shock and saw everyone gathered around me which made me nervous, and want to hide in my cloak... CLOAK! I looked around for it, but didn't see it. NO! My mouth cover was even off! The only thing protecting me was my bow. The people staring at me tried to calm me down because they had noticed I was freaking out over my stuff. "What happened!? I-I..." They quieted me and I noticed that my pants were cut to shorts and my shirt is now a crop top. I tried to get up and it hurt a little bit, but then they pushed me back down and it hurt even worse. I was basically tied to the bed around my waist and I'm not sure if that's just to help heal something or to hold me down, probably both. I tried to get free, even though i knew they had good intentions I can't handle this. They kept touching me, moving me, and injecting me with medicine that stung, and each, oh my Irene, hurt. At one point they tried wrapping the area around my ribs. I kept wincing at every move. "Gah! Stop! What's aaaggg... happening?" eventually they tied my hands and legs down because I kept squirming. That's when I blacked out from either the medicine or the pain.

Xx

When I woke up I was mostly healed except for my face and most of the people were gone. Laurence came up to be and stroked my hair and I blushed even though I'm angry. It was ok until he hit my ears... my bow had been taken off before and I didn't notice. Oh... Now he definitely knows. I perked my ears up "heh... Yeah I'm... a meif'wa..." And that was when I also revealed my tail...

He sensed my anger fade into worry and said "it's okay I'm just glad you're alive and well... for the most part" "Th-thank you I-I..." I mumbled in response while I tried to get up again. This time he held me down the same way and I was still tired and with the side effects from the medicine, I wasn't in any shape to resist... That is until...

I didn't notice it at first, but Laurence was startled. He knew what I was and I knew what he was, but I guess I did a better job at hiding it. He still held me down and I actually pushed him off and got up because of my strength. That's when I realized what had happened... I had turned unconsciously to my shadow knight form...

1. death and destruction here they come! Yay!

2. BOTH of my secrets are revealed to him

-----

;3. My amulet is gone... who took it?

~Isa