Chapter Eight : "Walking on tight ropes pt.2"

We heard through the mega phone that a public meeting will happen in 30 minutes, I was out in the skitter camp with Deni talking to Estella and the other de-harnessed kids when Murich came in to give us the latest news about the planned attack.

 "We have received news from our spy about the attack" he said through Estella.

 "What is it?"

 "Their army stopped on their tracks. They are currently suspended out there , not moving at all".

 "What's their plan?"

 "We don't have any idea yet. But it is highly possible that they will annihilate the Volm planet from a distance."

 "So, it is confimed that they're going to attack the Volm planet?" Deni asked.

 "It is"

 "Then Cochise and the others will leave this place?" I asked.

 "Possibly, but Ben I suggest that we tell Prof. Mason right away"

 "I agree" I said and then as we walked out of the tent, we saw people going to the meeting area for the assembly, it will start already. We stayed at the back of the huge crowd of people to listen what Dad will say and to know why it's so urgent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Tom's P.O.V

 "How long do you think they've been dead?" I asked Dan while we're still investigating the crime scene.

 "Hard to tell. The laser that comes out of the gun forms a burned area on the surface of where it lands. You can clearly see that part of their chests are slightly burned" he said.

 I asked Anthony where he is the time that this happened since I also assigned him to work with them on narrowing down the list. He said.

 "I was out in the badlands doing patrol. I came here at lunch time and they both said tehy've narrowed it down already so I left"

 "And you didn't see anyone else come in?"

 "No Professor"

 Then Ms. Peralta came in. "Professor, the residents are here. I suggest that we start the assembly" she said and then I came out, leaving them to investigate further and carry the bodies away. "Damn it, this escalated quickly" I said as we're walking to the grounds outside.

 "There's nothing we could do about it right now Professor. The best thing to do is tell the mass what's happening and advise them to take care and be more vigilant. We can't afford to lose more lives" she said.

 After we got out, I went up on the stage and started the meeting. "A pleasant evening to all residents of Charleston"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Matt's P.O.V

 I was in Popetown when I heard about the meeting. "What does your father wants this time?" Pope asked.

 "No idea" I said.

 "Maybe he'll announce happily that we finally have a water dispenser and tell the people to live their lives to the fullest" he said and then Crazy Lee and the others started to laugh. "Come on Pope, you seriously gonna do that while Matt's around?" Tector told him and then he stopped.

 We all went to the meeting area to listen about what he has to say.

 "I don't know an easy way to spill this out so I'm just gonna say it. Just a few minutes ago, Col. Bressler and Dr. Arthur Manchester have been found dead. We are conducting a deep investigation about these murders, meanwhile I'm adjusting the curfew to 11:00 pm. All residents must be inside their tents and those who will refuse to comply will experience the corresponding punishment" he said through the mic.