Chapter Thirty Five : "Lourdes"

I spent the night at the Skitter camp with Deni and the others , formulating a plan to get Nick and Jordan back.

 "Are you sure this will work?" I asked Harry.

 "Yeah" he then said and smiled at me. This is a great plan , but there's only one danger about it .. we could all be captured.

  "Benji!!" Deni called and when I looked outside , I saw her carrying a huge wild pig. "Good Party Trick!" I shouted and she smiled. She then brought the animal back to the camp. "We also have an Intel about a new mole in the camp" Megan then said.

 "I know, I have an idea who it is" I said , pertaining to Maggie. Ever since that explosion on the Radio Section I had my eyes on her. She started acting really weird .. I don't wanna jump into any conclusions but she's the primary suspect right now.

 And it also makes sense because Hal turned himself because of the whole mole thing , maybe the eyebug slipped into Maggie before he got locked up.

 "Ben , we also heard some news about your sister" Megan suddenly said, looking at me. "What is it?" I asked her.

 "You do know that we have enhanced hearing right? Harry and I are wlaking on the lobby near the clinic when we heard something about her"

 "What is it that you heard?"

 "Ben we heard Dr. Glass talking to a nurse about a DNA sample. It's Lexi's and it looks like she's not human" Harry said.

 "What do you mean?"

 "She's also a hybrid" Megan replied. "Great ..Just Great" I thought to myself, now I have to look after Anne and Lexi too.

==========================================================

Tom's P.O.V

 "So what date are we looking in for it to be finished?" I asked Cochise while we're doing a round up of the weapon they're building.

 "Maybe a week or two my friend , but not more than that"

 "Great. I really really wanna kill Karen" I said and smiled at him. "I'll support you if you want that but if revenge is all you've got then they've already won" he then said to me.

 "No my friend. I still have my family here , revenge is not the only thing in my mind right now. Trust me" I replied and then suddenly Dan came in with Jeanne.

 "I thought this is top secret?" Cochise asked.

 "Forgive me Cochise , but trust me .. she's safe" Dan said and smiled at him. "So, once this bad boy is complete , it's gonna tear the enemy's ass apart?" he then asked as he's looking at the almost done Volm Weapon we've been building for months.

 "That's the plan" I said.

=========================================================

Hal's P.O.V

 The explosion a couple of days ago prompted my decision to extend my time on the lock up room. It's better to be safe than to be sorry. Ever since Maggie and I broke up, I noticed that she changed a lot.

 She went back to that dark person she was before I met her , I wish I could help but she completely shut me out.

 "Hey Hal" I looked on and saw Matt walking towards me. "Hey .. what's going on?" I asked him. "Nothing much. They're finalizing the weapon and once it's done the war will begin" he replied.

 "And then we'll win" I said.

 "How can you say that?"

 "How can you not?" I asked him. We have to build up this drive in order to have the desire to win the war. It went on for too long , the Earth is permanently damaged .. time to put this to an end ... at least in our area.

=========================================================

Anne's P.O.V

 Me and Lexi were the only ones on Tom's office. I'm just looking at her, still shocked about the results of the DNA test.

 I don't wanna panic but I can't help it, everyone will flip over once they find out that she's not human. I looked to the clock and saw that it's past 8:00 pm , maybe if I sneak her out .. she'll be safe. I already told Tom about it but he doesn't believe me , he thinks I'm just stressed out.

 I collected some of the essentials and took her into my arms. I looked out in the hallway and saw no one's there so I sprinted out with Lexi in my arms. We went through the other exit which is at the back of the camp.

 "You're doing the right thing" I whispered to myself. As soon as I got near the camp fence , a harnessed kid with a skitter showed up.

 "A pleasant evening Anne ... Lexi" she said and then smiled at me and looked at Lexi.

 "No please let us go" I said.

 "I'm afraid I can't. You two are both important" she said so I turned around only to see Maggie standing behind me.

 "It's okay Anne. It's gonna be alright" she said while smiling at me.

 "You're the mole Maggie?"

 "I'm not Maggie" she said and I felt something struck the back of my head and everything went black.

======================================================================

 "Benji , try this" Deni said and then handed me a shawarma. "Where'd you get this?" I asked her. "Popetown , sad to say" she said and we both laughed.

 I'm trying to cherish each moment with her because two massive things are coming in my way. First is the war which is just around the corner and then there's the hybrid process. Both are equally terrifying.

 I saw Matt running towards us , "What's going on Skitter bait?" I asked him. "You have to see this Ben" he said and so we ran to the front of the camp where we saw a body lying on the ground.

 Deni , Matt and I ran to the group of people surrounding the body. "Holy crap" I uttered as I saw who it is. It's Lourdes ... the real one.