Chapter Twenty Eight : "If I Lose Myself"

Note: This will show the part where Ben gets harnessed again. And also the part where Karen makes love to him against his own will.

 The italicized parts are Ben's thoughts while he's locked up and under the influence of the harness. The bold ones are what Karen said druing their conversation.

=================================================

 I don't know how long I have been alone in the room , just chained in the wall. Or how long has it been since the last time I saw Matt. I can feel all hope fading now , I can see all of their faces just moving away from me.

 I can see Deni's face in my mind , how pretty she is , how fun is it to be around her .. how much I love her. I'm sure she's gonna be devastated once she finds out.

 And then Dad , I don't how he's gonna feel when he see me harnessed again. I'm just filled with dark thoughts right now , thoughts about how I'm going to lose myself again after that harness sticks itself into my spine.

 Suddenly the door opened and Karen walked in with 2 skitters.

 "Where's Matt?"

 "Don't worry he's on his way back" she then smiled at me. "How am I supposed to know if you're not lying?" I asked her.

 "You have no choice Ben , you have to trust me" she then said and suddenly the chains opened and I fell hard on the floor. My body is feeling weak that's why the two skitters were able to lift me up as if I'm nothing but a doll.

 I have no choice , even if I'd fight her right now , I have no strength. All I can do now is hope that she did her part of the deal , that Matt will be returned to Charleston safe and sound.

 They then took me out of the room and into the harnessing area. I saw 3 fish heads standing there along with 3 harnessed kids. They're all smiling at me , I tried to break free but they tightened their grip.

 I looked back and saw the door closed. Then they lifted me into the table and strapped me into it. My emotions are on the edge right now , i can't believe I'll be going to the thing over again.

 "Don't worry Ben, you belong here" Karen said and then started touching my hair. I felt a single tear escaped from my eyes as I look to the faces of the fish heads looking down on me.

 "It's gonna be alright Ben" one of the harnessed kid said. The smoke from the machine blew up and a harness started to slide down.

 I just pressed my face hard against the table and closed my eyes , trying to remain in touch with myself. Trying not to lose who Ben Mason really is.

 Then it landed and started to crawl to my back , this is it. I felt the exruciating pain coming from my spikes , I'm losing control of my whole body. I can feel the influence flowing through my blood vessels. Then everything just went black.

=============================================================

Tom's P.O.V

 We finally arrived in Boston. "I'm gonna get you Ben and Matt" I whispered to myself and looked at Hal.

 If I get the chance , I swear I'm gonna kill Karen. Then suddenly , the sides of the road we're driving in exploded.

 "They spotted us!!" Maggie shouted.

 "Shoot them down!!" I said and then she and Hal brought out 2 Volm-Modified guns and fired at them. While Deni and Nick are trying to help too.

 "Tom, what are we gonna do?" Dan asked as he pointed to the incoming beamers. We don't have enough people and weapon to stand up to them.