Chapter Twenty : "Fright Night"

I can hear people shouting , panicking and running on the halls. I can see flashlights and small things that gives light being flashed around. I can also hear gun shots and explosions from outside. We are under attack. As much as I want to run to my room to get my knife and then go to the armory to get my guns , I can't. I have to stay on the sides and feel the walls as I walk , I almost can't see anything , even the enhanced seeing ability is no help.

 And besides , I would bump in to countless people that are trying to take cover , after what it seemed like a forever of slow walking , I was able to come inside my room. The flashlight is just at the top of the drawer and I got it , I turned it on and looked from my knife. It's at the very bottom of the drawer.

 Then suddenly my spikes glowed , there are skitters inside the building. I got up as fast as I could and ran out to help others."Dad!!" I called out to him as I saw him leave his office. "Anne's inside , go get your gun" he said and I nodded and continued running to the armory.

 I bumped to Hal on my way. "What is going on?" I asked him , "We're under attack!!" he replied. "I thought it's postponed?" I asked. "We all do Ben" Maggie answered and then they ran outside. I have to kill the skitters inside the building , they are somewhere here inside.

 I have to get to them before they kill anyone.

...................................................................................................................................................................

Capt. Weaver's P.O.V

 "Colonel!! what do we do!!??" Pope is shouting. We're out in the badlands fighting Mega-Mechs, skitters, harnessed kids , Mechs and Beamers all attacking Charleston.

 "We beat the hell out of their asses" I told him. I'm not sure how long it will take for them to kill us all, I can hear panicking from behind. I looked up and saw the protective shield has massive hole and that is where the beamers come in.

 We're shooting as many damn aliens as we could but we still have the mutated kids to worry about , some soldiers can't shoot them . "Shoot the kids too!! They're not humans anymore!!" I ordered. Pope and bezerkers are doing their best to keep them off but our Volm-influenced weapons are still inside.

 Then a Mega-mech fired a mini missile in our direction and we flew into the air. I was knocked against a wall and was unconcsious for several minutes. When I opened my eyes , I saw most of them already made their way past us. I looked around and saw soldiers lying dead on the ground.

 Pope was holding Crazy Lee in his arms , "Hold on Craze" he said. I crawled towards them and asked what happened , he then showed me a huge metal rod sticking on Crazy Lee's shoulder. I tried to come closer but he shouted "Back off!" so I did.

 I looked back and saw soldiers trying their best to keep the aliens but they are getting killed. Where are the Volms? What the hell is going on?

....................................................................................................................................................................................

 Deni's P.O.V

 Just a few  minutes after I got inside the tent , I started hearing explosions and gun shots. I ran outside and saw other kids looking on the Charleston camp too. We're under attack , we can see Mega mechs , skitters , harnessed kids coming in. 

 I was about to run back to my tent when a part of our camp exploded. I felt myself fly through the air and landed just before the outside fence. I looked around and saw skitters and some kids are on fire. It's a very bad nightmare. Megan is hurt too.