Thirty Three // Love and Dreams and Something in Between

A/N: Sorry, it's relatively short. It's also 12:45am and I have work in a few hours. Apologies for spelling mistakes. Feel free to point them out (kindly) so that I can correct them. Don't forget to comment, vote but most of all, enjoy x

Thirty Three // Love and Dreams and Something in Between

Kaia

I was dreaming.

Everything was white, like snow had just been thrown over the world like a blanket trying to keep us warm. Inside was white too; white walls, white floor, white ceiling, white bed. Winter both inside and out.

Then Jacob appeared, white shorts hanging low on his hips, the smirk of the devil hanging dangerously on his lips. He walked so smoothly towards me it looked like he was floating. He stopped when his body was almost touching mine. He caressed my cheek. Grasped my waist. Kissed my lips. Everything so soft. So delicate.

So not real.

I woke with my heart slamming against my chest, trying to break free of its cage of my bones. I tried to sit up but a weight was holding me down, and that's when it all came rushing back.

That would explain why I love you.

Stay.

Will you be my girlfriend?

It wasn't helping me keep my heart from making a jailbreak.

"Kaia..." The deep voice mumbled, no louder than a whisper in my ear. "Stop wriggling."

I didn't stop. I wriggled to lie on my side, Jacob's peaceful face on the same pillow only inches away. His eyes were open, dark, blue and shining like he was looking at the sun. The same thing I'd seen so many times before but never knew what it meant.

Love.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said in the same rumbled voice through a sleepy smile. I ran my eyes over him, the blankets tangled between us so everything above his hips were out and in the open.

He was still shirtless, but his chest was glistening like he'd just had a shower. Then I realized what it actually was, and my nose scrunched up.

"Huh, Jacob? Why are you all sweaty?"

And then I could feel it, his sweat through my top and too close to my face and I tried to push him away. Some girls liked their men covered in sweat but all it was to me was a reason to shower.

He chuckled and pulled me closer into him, which usually I would be all for but as I said; he was gross. "I woke up early and knew that if I stayed, I would have woken you up and I didn't want to, so I went for a run."

"What's early?" I asked, trying albeit not as hard, to push him away. It was like I kept forgetting he was an athletic six foot three eighteen-year-old boy. I was dreaming to think he would even budge.

"Uh," he averted his eyes, looking from wall to ceiling to anywhere except me. "Six?"

"Six? That's barely any sleep and as a teenage boy you need a lot of it and now you're going to be trashed tonight at the party." I didn't want to be overbearing which upon reflection, I was a little, but it was stupid to get up that early. He should have just gone back to sleep.

"It's not every day your best friend becomes your girlfriend. I'm a little hyped, okay?"

I bit my lip, heat threatening my cheeks. "Still not sorry..." I mumbled and he just laughed.