Chapter 14

Music for this chapter:

Sorry- Justin Bieber

Sledgehammer-Fifth Harmony (For when Stacey gets home)

Josh's car came to a stop beside my mailbox. He shut the car off and turned to me.

"I'm sorry that I was kind of AWOL at the club." He starts.

"Yeah" I turned to him, "What happened? You just abandoned me with full drinks."

"I'm sorry, I was in the bathroom and.. I just got this call. It took a little longer than expected. I know I should have come and told you. I just wasn't thinking," He puts his hand on my thigh. Heat rises to my cheeks. "Can you please forgive me?"

I pretend to think about it for a while when I already knew the whole thing was out the window.

"Yes, I forgive you." He smiles brightly and gets out the car. He runs to the passenger and opens my door, offering his hand to help me out of the car. I quietly thank him, and he holds onto my hand, walking me up the driveway to my front door.

"I really had a nice time, and I promise, next time.."

"Next time?" I interrupt him, raising my eyebrow. I smile. Knowing that he wants to go out with me again.

"Yeah. Maybe something a bit more intimate" he smiles. I bit my lip thinking Huh? Intimate?

"Well, thanks for tonight." I say, not knowing what else to say.

"No, thank you. I'll call you tomorrow?" I nod my head in response. He leans in and his soft lips connect with my cheek. "Goodnight Stacey," he says, while walking backwards.

"Goodnight Josh." I open the door and linger until I see him get into his car safely. I step inside the house and close the door. I leaned on it thinking about how his lips would feel on mine. He's just so cute, and I've wanted him to so bad. I've forgotten what liking him felt like, and having him kiss me on the cheek just brought everything back to me: the butterflies, the blushing, everything. I chuckle, reminiscing on the memories. I run upstairs into my room, throwing my shoes off of my feet and tossing my bag onto the black futon along the wall.

I flop onto my bed, unlocking my cell phone. I open my messages and scroll down to Veronica's name.

Me:Hey! I'm home. The date was amazing, but you'll never guess who I saw.

When I exit out of her messaging section, I glimpse at a preview of the unknown message I received last night.

Your worst nightmare. I didn't understand what it meant. I'm the nicest person that anyone has ever met. I've never hurt anyone, not intentionally.

My phone buzzes.

Veronica: Harry?

My nose wrinkled up.

Me: How on earth did you know that?

As soon as I sent the message, I already knew the answer. Zayn.

Veronica: I heard from Zayn. It's late, so get your butt to sleep so you won't be late getting out to the car in the morning.

Me: Lol okay. I shall be 5 minutes early, just for you.

Veronica: Yay!! Night.

I lock my phone, sitting up on my bed to plug it into its charger and sat it on the nightstand. I strip out of my dress and throw on Josh's big t-shirt he lent me. I hope he knows he's never getting it back. I snuggle under my covers and click of the bedside lamp.

Tonight, I'll dream of him.

I never thought my dreams would take me back to summer break.