Chapter 9

Music:

Love Somebody- Marron 5

Something Great- One Direction

_____________________________________

Stacey's POV

*

The alerting sound from the alarm clock is followed by Veronica's groans in frustration. My eyes are still closed, but I'm awake. I hear fumbling, things falling and then a loud thud. The comforter is yanked from my body.

I turn over to see Veronica no longer beside me. Her hands grip the top of the bed pulling herself up. Her hair is cover her face, but you can clearly see the frustration on it.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." I tease.

"Shut up." She tells me, and a laugh escapes my lips.

For a minute she just sits there, but then her eyes widen and she quickly scrambles up, leaving the covers and everything else she knocked down onto the floor. At first I didn't understand, but i soon realized what was happening. There was no way that she was getting there before me. I quickly jumped out of the bed and made it to the bedroom door the same time Veronica did. We both exchanged looks, but not the friendly kind. She and I both knew it was war. 

She was first to throw her hand on the knob to try and twist it open. I pushed her with my hips before she could, and she fell to the floor. I swung the door open in victory and ran down the hall. I heard this battle cry from behind me and turned to see what it was. But before I could, I was tackled by the crazy girl. We both fell with a thud. Veronica got up swiftly and made a run for it. I reached out and grabbed her ankle, and she plummeted onto the cream carpet. i scrambled up quickly and just as iI was about to reach the bathroom door, I was jerked backwards. My bottom hit the soft carpet and Veronica runs into the bathroom slamming the door. I can hear her chanting her victory from inside while I wallow in my loss.

"Ha ha! I got the bathroom first!" Veronica sings.

Veronica and I have always fought about who gets to go to the bathroom first. She insists that I take to long in the shower when, on the contrary, it is her that takes the longest. One time she stayed in there so long that there wasn't even any hot water left.

My lips automatically pout, but I'll live. I pull myself up from the ground and walk back to her room. The first thing I do is turn my phone on. Surprisingly, I have no messages from my mom. She was probably rather occupied with a certain person. My shoulders shudder from the memories of finding my mother propped on the counter with a stranger between her legs.

I also didn't have any messages from the unknown number, which I was thankful for. I decided to forget about whomever is sending them. There obviously cowards if they don't have the guts to tell me their identity.

I open the Pandora app on my phone and throw it onto the bed. I searched through my personal draw in Veronica's dresser for some undergarments to where for today. Yeah, we're that close.

I walk to her closet to find some clothes to borrow while Miss Me, by Andy Grammar, played through my phone's speakers. Veronica and I had very different styles. I liked pleaded skirts and collared shirts while she preferred ripped jeans and graphic muscle shirts. The only skirts she owned were too short for the school's dress code. 

I decided to wear one of the jeans with the less rips on them and a black muscle shirt. I lay them out on the bed and fall back onto the bed until I can freshen up in the bath room.

Set me up for the falling, gave me no warning you were gone

Let me down I was reeling, I can't believe what you have done