Chapter 10

Music:

I Will Wait- Mumford And Sons

Chasing Pavements- Adele

Lego House- Ed Sheeran

____________________________________________

Time flies throughout the day and for that, I am thankful. I couldn't wait to get home to relax in my own bed, and to just get away from things, or a certain person.

The bell rang, alerting that it was lunch time. I gathered my AP Human Geography textbook and my bag and head out the door. Instead of taking the trip to my locker, i just carried my things to lunch with me.

"Hey, Stacey. Wait up."

I turn to see Harry running towards me. I slow my strides for him to catch up and give him a small smile.

"Hi." I say.

"Uh, hey." He awkwardly rubs the back of his neck. "You going to lunch?"

"Uh, yeah, I am. Are you on this lunch schedule too?" I ask him.

"No, I'm just.." I can tell he's trying to search for an excuse. So I find one for him.

"Skipping class?" I ask casually.

"Well, yeah." I just simply nod my head.

He doesn't say much after that, and I'm finding it hard to find a topic to discuss while we walk down the corridor. There are so many questions I could ask him, but none would be acceptable. Why are you skipping class? Do you always skip class? Do you even like Riley? Do you know she drools over your ever move?

Yep. None appropriate.

Especially considering I don't know him that well.

"Harry" A squeaky voice calls out from behind us. From the sounds of the fast heal clacking on the floor's surface, I can already tell whose they belong to. I mentally roll my eyes. Both, Harry and I steal quick glances at each other, but before I can tell what his eyes say, he quickly averted to Riley's gaze.

Before Harry can even respond, Riley throws her scrawny arms around his neck and presses her lips to his. I can't tell Harry's reaction, but Riley's eyes are wide open, staring at me, giving me some kind of death glare. I put my hands up in surrender, and turn to walk away.

I was not at all for a brawl with the chick. She already knows she could have any guy she wants. Why is does she seem so threatened by me? 

I walk into the doors of the cafeteria and make my way to the lunch line. As I approach, I see a familiar dark haired boy. I quickly grab a tray and stand behind him. I tapped him quickly and averted my eyes as if minding my own business. A smile grew onto his face and I laugh.

"Hey, Stacey. You wouldn't know by any chance who tapped me, would you?" he jokes.

"Nope, sorry. I didn't see anyone." I earn a chuckle from those gorgeous lips of his.

We make our way through the line. My tray consisting of lasangna, corn, and an apple.

"So" Josh turns to me, "It seems that we both have lunch together. Why don't you sit with me?"

I was all for sitting with him, but I remembered that I was supposed to sit with Veronica. I quickly look over the tables to see if I spot her, but she was no where to be found. I'd see her after lunch in Homeroom anyway. I curtly nod my head and he leads me to an empty table.

The bell rings and I threw my tray into the trash. Josh had leave early to go to the library, so i was at thee table alone. I walked through the halls until I reached my Homeroom class. At the back I see Veronica sitting at our usual table. Her head was down looking into her lap.

"Hey, where were you at lunch?" I ask getting her attention. She lift her head up.

"Oh, I was just at the library." I raise my eyebrow at her. Veronica wouldn't be caught dead in the library.

"No seriously, where were you?"

"No really, I was" She swears.

"Mmhh, sure." I drop my bag and slide into the stool beside her. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I rest my elbows onto the table.

"I am telling you Stace. I wouldn't lie" She lies all the time. "To you" she quickly adds. 

"So what were you doing, research?" She gives me a look that made me giggle..

"Since when did I do research voluntarily?"

I shrug. "So, what?"

"I was-" She pauses and her voice lowers. "I was with Zayn"

Why of course. How couldn't have thought about that. Those two were inseparable.

Lucky her.

 (sorry, i was supposed to update two weeks ago. school has just been a challenge, but i'll try to update asap :) )