Chapter 11

Music:

You're Beautiful- James Blunt

_______________________________________________

"So, where do you think he's taking you?"

I put the tube of mascara back into its bottle and sat it down on my dresser. I then searched for the peach blush in the bag of make up.

"I don't know. He wouldn't tell me." I swipe the brush across the blush and evenly spread it across my cheeks. It's finally Friday, and I have my date with Josh tonight. I set the blush down and pick up two tubes of lip gloss. I turn to Veronica who lying on my bed reading a People's magazine.

"The red, or the light pink?" I ask, uncertain of which color would be best.

"The light pink. It brings out your eyes." She drops the magazine and picks up her phone.

"So, when is Zayn going to take you on a date?" I ask while applying the lip gloss.

"He already took me on a date."

"Parties don't count." I laugh, and she sighs.

"I don't know. Soon, hopefully." The sound of anguish in her tone.

I turn to her and lean onto the dresser. "He will."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I see the way he looks at you. If he isn't in love now, then he will be in about five seconds." She cracks a smile.

"Thanks." I roamed over and sat next to her, embracing her into a hug.

"Anyone would be lucky to date you."

"Yeah, yeah, okay. Enough with the mushy, sweet talk. Finish getting ready." I shake my head, smiling and get up to get my bag.

"Hey, you got a message on your phone." Veronica informs me while I slip on my black wedges.

"Do you mind reading it to me?"

"Uh, it says-" She's cut off by my ring tone. I can see her eyes light up and a smirk appear on her face.

"Hello Josh" She says.

I run over to her trying to take the phone away, but she quickly jumps off onto the other side of the bed.

"Give me the phone" I command her coolly. I knew exactly what she was doing. Veronica shakes her head. I jump onto the bed and she runs for the door.

"Oh, Stacey? She's just in the bathroom." I run after her.

"I don't know what she's doing in there." She rushes down the stairs with me on her heels. "She's been in there for quit a while." She giggles.

I finally catch up to her and grab her hand. She falls backwards taking me with her. We tumble down the stairs and finally hit the wall. I scramble to my phone, praying that it's not broken.

"Hey Josh? It's Stacey." I blow the hair out from in front of my face.

"Uh, hey Stacey. I was just calling to see if you were ready."

"Yeah" I swallow and try to catch my breath so I don't sound like a total maniac. "Yes, I'm ready."

"Okay great, I'll see in about 5."

"Alright see you then. Bye." I sigh and bring the phone to my chest. I hear a groan coming from behind. I look over my shoulder to see Veronica's back against the wall, her hand rubbing her head.

"Damn, Stace. Was that necessary?"

I pretend to ponder the question, then nod my head. "Yes."

She rolls her eyes as I laugh and then rush past her upstairs to my room.

*

 "You look really beautiful." Josh tells me as he opens the car door for me, offering me a hand, I smile at him.

"Thanks."

I look up to the building, scanning it over. There were a couple of windows at the top with different colored lights flashing on and off. I also spotted a line full of people behind a velvet rope. It's a club. I never thought i would ever go to another club in my life time. 

As I'm staring i hear shifting on my left. I look at Josh and his face is in a frown.

"You don't like it?"

"Oh no it's fine. I just haven't been to this one." I smile. His face brightens and he straightens his posture, offering his arm. "My lady?"

I laugh and link my arm through his. "Why thank you."

Time to get this night started.

I guess.

(So this forever and a day to upload. So sorry for the wait. Don't hate me :) )