Chapter 6

Music for this chapter:

Somebody's Heartbreak- Hunter Hayes

 Give Me Everything- Pitbull (When Josh and Stacey are dancing together.)

_________________________________________

I get out of the shower and dry off my body with a towel. I put on my robe and strolled to my closet. I decided to wear a black blouse with my batman leggings and black combats. I put on my infinity necklace and ear cuffs. I walked to the mirror on the dresser and brushed the tangles from my hair. I then applied a light colored lip gloss delically on my lips.

Once i was satisfied with my appearance, i grabbed two textbooks so when I leave, my alibiy of going out to study will hold. I hear my phone buzz on the dresser.

Veronica: I'm outside.

Me: On my way.

I lock my phone and make my way down stairs.

"Mom, I'm leaving," I yell out. She strolled over to me.

"Okay, sweetie. Just make sure you call, okay?"

"After today, I'll make sure I call everytime," I said teasingly. She smiled faintly at my joke, shoeing my off in the process.

I walk out the door and into the passenger seat of Veronica's Mustang.

"See" she gestures to my outfit," Why can't you dress like that at school?"

"Oh, ha ha." I roll my eyes aas she pulls from my drive way.

"Whose party is this?" I ask.

"You remember Josh from chemistry last year?" She wiggles her eyebrows at me. I nod, remembering the crush I had on him. "Well, it's his."

I remember sitting behind him in chemistry just staring at his perfect features. I blush at the thought, smiling looking out the window. The car ride was silent while the radio played "She Is Love" by Parachute. I closed my eyes and let the wonderful music relax me.

*

When i open my eyes, Veronica is pulling onto the side of the curb. There were cars lined up and down the block. You just knew everyone was here at this party.

I open the car door and walk up to the house with Veronica  following me. The front yard had a couple of people on it socializing and some making out. I cringed silently at the sight. They couldn't get a room?

As we made our way inside, the music was blasting through multiple speakers placed around the house. I looked at Veronica debating on whether to go out back or to the kitchen. She mouths "Drinks", so I head for the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, Veronica and I see Zayn leaning on the counter chatting with Harry, who noticed us. He nudged Zayn toward our direction. A smile took over his face as he walked over with Harry following him.

"Hey" he says while embracing Veronica. I couldn't help but smile at the sight. I'm a sucker for romance, I guess.

They pulled back and Zayn looked at me, almost as if he was surprised.

"Uh, hey Stacey" he says giving me a one-armed hug. Now that surprised me.

"Hi" I replied. I awkwardly waved at Harry, which he responded with a nod.

"So, you guys thirsty?" Zayn asks.

"Parched" Veronica says, grinning like there's no tomorrow. Zayn leans over to a cooler on the floor and brings out two bottles of beer. He hands one to Veronica and offers the other to me. I shake my head.