Chapter 7

Music for this chapter

All Night- Icona Pop

Tonight Is The Night- Outasight

_________________

"You're joking, right?"

"No, I swear. My pants fell in front of everyone."

"Really?" I laugh.

"Sadly, yes", Josh pauses, taking a sip from his cup, " And that's why I'm terrified of public speaking."

Josh had led me downstairs to the kitchen where we sat at its bar counter.

"So, tell me about yourself."

Josh rests his elbow onto the counter and I pick at the chips left on my plate.

"Well, what do you want to know?"

He ponders over the question. "Tell me about your family."

"Okay," i say, thinking of where I should start. "I live with my mom and my dad lives in Virgina. I have a younger sister and-"

"Wait, you have a sister?!" He askes, completely astonished. I nod. "Where have you've been hiding her?"

"She lives with my father," I told him. His mouth formed the 'O' shape in his understanding. "Yeah, she decided California wasn't the place for her." I laugh at the memory of a 13 year-old claiming to prefer the East Coast better than the West. Puberty. Makes you think all kinds of nonsense.

"And you didn't?" Josh asks.

"I felt it was a good place to visit at time, but Cali is where I grew up."

"Sticking to your roots. I like that."

"Yo do?" I smirked.

"Yeah. It's nothing more that I like than a genuine women." And suddenly, I feel butterflies in my stomach.

"Thanks" I say smiling down at my plate of chips.

"Hey, just stating the truth."

There was a moment of silence afterwards. Not necessarily awkward, but it was a bit uncomfortable.

I don't think I've ever had a guy compliment me so nicely, besides my dad. He was good at complimenting a lot of women. Those not including my mother. Josh was the last person I thought would have ever given me the time of day. I mean, he was just so out of my league. I'm surprised that I'm the girl he sought out throught his whole entire party.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" His voice a little off.

"Yeah, anything" averting my eyes from the now less interesting plate.

"Well" he starightens his posture," I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me. Maybe Friday?"

My eyes widen. What? Me? The guy I've had a crush on for my whole junior year, then spent the whole summer getting over it,because I was convinced it wasn't going to happen just asked me out. It took me a while to notice that an answer hadn't fallen from my lips yet.

"Or not, I guess" Josh turns back toward the counter, avoiding my eyes.

"No." I turn him back around, my hand on his knee, " I mean, I'd love to go on a date with you."

He smiles, his eyes traveling down to my hand.

I pull it back quickly. "Sorry"

He chuckles, "It's fine. So is seven okay?"