chapter eight - Congratulations.

Kim Taehyung

"Taehyungie, wake up." My mom shook me from my deep sleep. I open my eyes and realize that I'm not in the hospital, but somehow I managed to end up in my room.

"How did I get here," I asked as I lifted my body up.

"I carried you after you fell asleep next to the pretty girl you were sitting with," My mom said, "Now, get ready for school."

"How's.. father?" I ask. She stops before leaving my room an turns to look at me.

"He woke up, but he's resting right now." My mom said and I sigh in relief. She walks out and I lay back on my bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking about the blurry memories.

Minjae lend me her shoulder to cry on.

I hug the blanket close and smile a bit. My heartbeat increases just by the thought of her.

×

"Taehyung! Did you see the scores?" One of my classmates asked as he pulled me towards the crowd that was surrounding the scores, once I entered the school.

I scooted through the crowd, but the crowd made it open wide for me. They all stared at me with disbelief.

Kim Taehyung #50

I can't believe it. I can't believe that, I, Kim Taehyung is now in the top fifty with my best friend and Minjae.

"Yes!" I raise my hands up in the air and a couple people around cheer for me.

"Congrats, Taehyung-ah. 200 to 50."

"You did well,"

"But.. how?"

I look at the list again and see...

Jeon Jungkook #1

Lee Minjae #2

Jungkook ranked number one and Minjae ranked number two. I need to find Jungkook fast.

I dash out of the crowd leaving them confused and I search for Jungkook. I ask the people around if they seen him, but they all responded with no. With no luck I stopped to sit down on the hallway bench too take a deep breath. I hung my head low and close my eyes.

"Here." A voice said. I open my eyes and see Minjae, offering me a water bottle filled with cold water. I take the bottle fro her hand, our hands quickly touching again, and stare at it.

"It's water," she said rolling her eyes before walking away.

"And, congratulations." She said and I look up with her back still facing me. She doesn't say anything else and the only thing I can hear is my heart pounding really fast.

"Taehyung!" I hear Jungkook call from the other direction. I turn and see him sprinting towards me. I stand up once he arrives.

"Congratulations. Jungkook. You're ranked at number one!!" I said, joyfully and hug him.

"Look at you, you're now in the top 50!" He said with a smile. "I'm really proud."

"It's all thanks to Minjae," I mumble and look down, smiling to myself.

"What was that?"

"Nothing,"

We walked into class and I sat down in my seat. I hate class, it's so boring. Another reason making it worse is that Jaeho is also in this class.

"Hey, Kim Taehyung." Jaeho said, while walking in with his two friends behind him and standing in front of my desk.

"What?" I ask not looking up.

"How did you get from 200 to 50 in one month?" He asks as he pushes my head roughly making it hit back. "Huh, did you cheat, you fucking low life."

I didn't say anything and little tears were forming in the side of my eyes.

"Yah, leave him alone."

Our heads turn and we see Hyomi standing by the door breathing heavily.

××××

I dislike Hyomi lol. & sorry for a short chapter.

gfriend's rough can slay me.

I'll update soon (: