•Just Walking Around•

So it's been like 2 weeks since I've seen this Rayan guy. Lord know what happened to him. He just disappeared. I would sometimes look for him, at night of course.

Since it's the weekend, I can actually walk in public. I would go out during the week but some police guy would come up to me asking why I'm not in school and I'm not dealing with that again.

I grab my iPod and walk towards town.

I always like being by myself, since I'm used to it. That's why I don't hang out with the other clan members. I'm just, anti-social.

I walk down the Main Street, seeing people I sometimes see at night. Others wave a little, I just wave back, being polite.

I walk in a little connivence store, just getting a drink and some candy. While there, I feel eyes on me. At first I ignore it, but it's creeping me out.

After paying for my stuff, I walk around a bit. I stop at a park and sit in one of benches.

Looking at the little kids play takes me back to when I was a little kid. When life was easier.

"I miss being a little kid sometimes." A voice had said. I jumped a little and look beside me, seeing Rayan, wearing a hoodie.

"Why you got to scare me like that?" I say.

"I like coming in unexpected." He says.

"Keep doing that, you gonna lose a body part." I say. He chuckles.

"You wouldn't do that in front if the kids." Rayan says.

"I know I wouldn't. I'm not trying to scar them for life." I say.

"Yeah." Rayan says.

There's just an awkward silence.

"Hey, why did you disappear like that?" I ask. Remember I haven't seen him in two weeks.

"Busy. You're not the only one with clan members." Rayan says.

"Oh yeah. I forgot you aren't the only Vampire." I say.

"Yeah. And really, we didn't mean to catch your attention." Rayan says.

"Well, we'll get off your case, if you know what happened to a girl that disappeared in town." I say. I didn't forget about that.

"Oh her. She had put a curse on one of my clan members then ran off. We found her and took her. We had a reason to take her like we did." Rayan says.

"Yeah, but...you could of just negotiate with her." I say.

"We did! But she wouldn't listen, so we had to take things the hard way." Rayan says.

"But what about that night when you were about to kill that lady." I say.

"...Oh that...I got really hungry..." Rayan says.

"Oh really?" I say.

"Yeah. It's not easy being this you know." Rayan says.

"Weres have it harder." I say.

"No y'all don't. At least y'all don't kill people to survive." Rayan says.

"At least you have a reason. If we get out of control, we just kill people for no reason." I say.

"Well, at least you don't have to worry about being labeled a a threat." Rayan says.

"We are to the Monster hunters. We're like their number one threat. We have to hide at night cause of that. You can go out in the day time." I say.