•5 Years Ago•

•5 Years Ago•

•Kayla•
•January 7, 2008•
• Indianapolis, India•

"Wake up." I heard my momma say as we get out of the car. I stretch my arms and run my eyes, ready to jump Into bed and sleep.

We just came back from my grandma's funeral. Now, it's just me and my parents. No cousins, no uncle, no aunts.

I walk inside, heading from my room, when I heard my Daddy call me.

I mentally groan as I walk slowly to the kitchen.

"Can you take out the trash?" My daddy says. Seriously?

I didn't say anything. I just grabbed the trash bag and slumped towards the back door. Can I
Just go to bed please?

I walked outside, shivering because of the cold air.

I quickly threw the trash in the can, only to
hear a low growl. I look back seeing a pair of red eyes.

I never ran so quick in my life.

I hurried into the house, slamming the door. I made sure everything was locked. Once sure I ran towards my room, running into my momma.

"What's wrong?" Momma asks.

"I...was taking out the trash," I was having. Hard time catching my breath,"and there was a big animal outside."I say.

"It's was probably a possum." Momma says.

"No. It was way bigger than that." I say.

Momma goes towards the window to look, only to quickly pick up the phone.

"Who are you calling?" I ask.

"Animal control. Go in your room." Momma says. She didn't have to tell me twice.

I quickly ran in my room, closing and locking the door. I hid under my desk, grabbing my softball bat. That thing was too big I'm not taking my chances.

Once I think it's safe, I slowly get from under my desk, only to hear glass breaking and growling. I slid right back under my desk, griping my desk tight.

All I hear is a screaming, growling and gun shot. I covered my ears, scared of the whole ordeal.

Then all of a sudden...silence.

It was complete silence. But I didn't know if it was safe or not.

Suddenly, I heard scratching from my door. It was so silent I could hear the animal sniffing something.

I peaked my head out, to see the door still standing, but then the animal started to violently scratch the door. I could hear the door starting to split.

I quickly moved my head back, too scared to see what was happening.

Next thing I knew, a piece of the door was throw across the room.

I could hear it's foot steps, it's breathing, even it's little sniffle from one time to another.

The animal came near my desk, but I underestimated the size the animal. All I saw was legs and paws bigger than my face.

The tail of the animal came close to my face. I quietly moved my head, getting out of the way of the tail. The tail leaves and I sigh in relief.

Big mistake.

I felt a sharp pain on my leg as I was being dragged from under the desk. I started to swing the bat everywhere. I heard a yelp and a growl.

I opened my eyes and I realized, I'm face to face with this thing.