•Kayla's Story•

•Kayla's Story•

continued

"...And then the guy shot my mom." A girl says, taking a bite out of her sandwich.

We were at the table, talking about how we ended up here.

"Who would like to go next?" Ms. Lopez asks. All is silent, till Tanya stands up. Some of the girls se to snicker at her.

"U-Um, when I was born, my mother died, and my father was on drugs. He didn't abuse me but he would hurt other women." Tanya says.

"Maybe cause he don't hit boys..."I hear Miranda murmur, causing the girl beside her to giggle.

"One day, he hit this girl too hard and she wouldn't wake up, so the police came and took him away, next thing I know, I'm here." Tanya finishes. Three of the girls clap, me being one of them. They gave Miranda a standing ovation.

"Is that all?" Ms. Lopez asks. I build some courage.

"How about me?" I ask.

"Sure." Ms. Lopez says.

"Okay, um an animal got into our house, it was a big animal..." I trail off, beginning to remember what really happened,"the animal, killed both my parents, a-and it almost killed me, but it didn't."

Some of the girls clap. I hide my face a little, only because my eye were beginning to water.

I believe Ms. Lopez noticed because she called for the girls to go back to their rooms.

I walked back to my room in one piece, before starting the water works. I hear Tanya come in.

"Hey, you know- wait what's wrong?" She asks.

"I-I miss them..." I was able to say, over the sobs.

Tanya came over and hugged me tightly. It was just a bit of silence. I was able to calm down. I move back from Tanya.

"Okay, I think I'm good, it's just, I-I remember what happened...what really happened." I say.

"Okay what?" Tanya asks.

"We'll, not just any animal came in out house. It was like a big cat almost and it's eyes were red, but when it looked at me, it's eyes changed to blue." I say.

Tanya looks surprised, almost scared.

"Did it bite you?" She asks.

"Um yeah." I ask. Tanya eyes widen.

"Come with me." She says.

Tanya walks over the dresser at the end of the room. She moves it aside, reviling a small door. She pulled a necklace from under her shirt, showing a key. She uses the key to unlock the small door.

"Come on." Tanya says. I hesitate to go, but I follow anyways. We crawled through a short tunnel into another room.

The room was smaller, with cream colored walls. All that was in the room was a chair, a desk, some paper and pencils, and a very large book.

Tanya somehow picked up the book, opening it up, going through different pages.

"Is this what you saw?" Tanya says, showing me a picture.

I almost scream.

The picture might of been black and white, but I can see the red eyes.

"And it bit you?" Tanya asks.

"U-Um yea." I say. Tanya looks all too scared. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"You're a...a w-were-cat..." Tanya stutters.