Words Can Hurt More than Swords

[Levi]

I woke up, almost shocked...but then I remembered what happened yesterday. I got up, got dressed, and tried to wake her up. She wakes up and looks up to me, confused and dizzy. I sit her up and give her some water, along with her handkerchief, which I had kept in my pocket for safe keeping. "Uh...thanks." she said with her cheeks turning red as a tomato. She looks down and her ocean-teal eyes do all the talking. God, is she cute....I don't like to admit it out loud, but I think I like her....I'm not sure what Erwin would say about it, considering she is only a Cadet and I'm a Captain.

-------------------------------------------------

Izumi's Diary: Year 854, 26th of September. Time is 22:31.

   I have a feeling Levi-heichou is holding something back from me...He and Commander Erwin told me to come see them tomorrow. But why on my birthday? Is there something special awaiting me or is it something serious like a new expedition?

I'm so tired, but I can't fall asleep...I'm too anxious to sleep, wondering what they need me for silently here in my room. Well, at least it's raining. I always loved rain, because I didn't have to tend to the flowers on Auntie's small farm in Trost...and also the fact she gave me hot chocolate whenever it rained.

Mostly the hot chocolate though...

---------------------------

 Izumi sets her journal down and tried to fall asleep again. After 3 consecutive tries ending in failure, she decides to make some Lavender and Sage tea. As she walks back to her room from the kitchen, she hears soft sobbing coming from the room next door to hers, which is the Captain's room. She looks into his room and there was Captain Levi...bundled up in blankets and shaking in fear of the storm.  She sets the tea set on his desk and sits next to his bed, silently.

"H-Heichou? I-Is everything alright?" she said. He keeps shaking and a trembling voice says "w-who's there?" Another thunder crash sounds and a soft "eep" is heard from inside the bundle of blankets. "It's me, Levi...you don't need to hide. Lemme see your face," she says. "I won't hurt ya..." She lifts up part of the blanket; revealing a frightened, crying Heichou...shaking in fear.

   She climbs up onto the bed and looks to him, comforting him. This is the first time she's seen Humanity's Strongest Soldier when he's not so strong. "Is everything alright? You look upset....a-are you afraid of the lightning?" she says. He trembles and clings his blanket, looking down.

    She sighs and brings over the lavender-sage tea, pouring some in the cup she had brought and handing it to the anxious captain. "Have some tea...it's alright to be afraid, but to talk to somebody about your fears proves you are brave as well...okay?" she says. He sets down the teacup after taking a sip...and smiles. It quickly fades back into fear when a HUGE crash is heard. He instantly clings to her, shaking...and he buries his face into her shoulder, letting his fear show as he cries.

    She comforts him and stays by his side the entire night. They drink tea and he slowly calms down, getting over his fear hour by hour. He looks up to her. "I-Izumi?" "Yeah?" she replied. He brings her close and kisses her...she is shocked, but suddenly melts into it after understanding what he's trying to say.

The clock strikes 12 and that kiss was the best birthday gift she had ever gotten in her whole life.

PERIOD.

[TO BE CONTINUED......]