Revisiting That Fond Memory

28th of November, Year 858. Time is 09:31.

I just realized I haven't written an entry in here in forever!

Things have been a mess since last week...the castle is falling apart due to Hange's experiments with Eren...not to mention the foundation of this old castle is FINALLY wearing down, according to what some of the other soldiers say.

I've been looking through these old entries....and I've noticed that my writing was SLOPPY when I first started this thing. Funny enough, my friend Amethyst suggested I do this before he disappeared after the Battle of Trost. Anyways, I'm not sure much of us will survive much longer in this infernal world. The Titans might be disappearing, but that doesn't mean the people of Wall Sina won't try to destroy our base. They've always hated what we've been doing around here...but I have a feeling something really bad's coming once the Interior signs this new Peace Treaty they've been cooking up......and I don't think a lot of us will live to tell the story.

I wish my children good health.....

-----------------------------------------------------------

Izumi grabs her gear and suits up for the next exercise planned for training. She looks to her journal and puts it into her jacket's leather breast pocket. 

She has the itching intuition that this might be a long day.

She was right. Four hours later, several Titans accompanied by several crowds of angry citizens. Levi runs over and holds Izumi tightly, trying to block a giant boulder from injuring her. Soldiers run, screaming. Izumi screams, twisting her ankle from tripping...Levi tries to help her up, but the interior of this base is falling apart from fire. The troubled Captain tries to help her walk.

Levi: COME ON, IZUMI! GET UP!!

Izumi: Levi....

Levi: WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE AND QUICK!! WE'LL BE KILLED IF WE DON'T!

Izumi: Go without me....I'll try and hold them off. Please....do this for me.

              This is my choice...and I have chosen to do it without regrets. 

              Please go...let your wings spread and be free...

*Levi nods and runs to find Midnight, his horse. As the Survey Corps ride away, the base collapses. Levi screams her name into the midnight air, agonized.*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   A toned man pops up from his dream, sweat trickling down his back.

The alarm clock shows that it is 9:30 am.

   He gives a sigh and looks to his side, where his girlfriend is sleeping soundly next to him; peach skin shining in the sunlight pouring into the room. Her hair is slightly messy as she stirs from her sleep. She opens her teal eyes and looks up to her alarmed lover. She sits up, shivering slightly from the breeze coming in from the window. Car horns go off from outside.

"Is everything okay, Levi?" she says to him, her expression softer.

 The man gives a soft sigh in response to his name, a smirk showing on his face.

Levi: Everything's fine, Izumi...just had this strange dream.

Izumi: Okay then, I'm gonna whip up a shower. You coming?

Levi: Yeah, yeah. Just wait up...

A few minutes later, an archaeologist is seen waiting in front of a dilapidated castle; left foot tapping. A vehicle pulls up and the two step out quickly.

Izumi: We're here, Hange!

Levi: What'd you find this time, four-eyes?

*The archaeologist gives a gigantic grin and rushes over to grab their wrists.*

Hange: We finally found the ruins of an old castle from the rule of the former Reiss monarchy!

Levi: Well, finally. You found something worth seeing, Hange. Filthy though....

Izumi jabs Levi in his side, causing him to cringe in pain.

Izumi: Be nice! She took time out of her work schedule to find us this find! It's circa 800's!

The three enter the castle ruins and she sees a door with a sign on it labelled "Captain's Office". She pushes it open and sees a skeleton laying there, some of the skin still on it. It is wearing the same leather jacket and outfit it did when it died, still slightly splattered with blood. Sprouts are coming out of the floorboards, growing into small plants. She removes the jacket, dusting it off.

Izumi: This'll make a great artifact for the Wall Rose Museum of Trost...huh? What's this....?

A small book slips out of the breast pocket of the jacket as she begins to line up the bones. She removes it and looks at the cover.

"Could this be the journal Great-Grandma Jackie told me about? She told me her great great great grandmother wrote in it as a girl...." she thought to herself.

Izumi puts the journal in her messenger bag and helps bring out the bones.

The bones are identified to be of Izumi's family lineage and preserved with the up-most care. The Shirt and pants are kept on the bones, but the jacket is preserved as an artifact.

Izumi tunes up the old gear and holds the journal that tells the story of a cadet....

....A Cadet and her Captain.

[THE END!!]