Mornings (part 3)

LAST TIME ON "CADET'S CAPTAIN"....

[Izumi]

I went to go train with him after I finished my cleaning. When I got there, he was waiting patiently with the other cadets that were in the mess hall that morning. We all went one-on-one in battles...including yours truly and Captain Shorty.

He and I prepared to fight, me holding the wood knife (it being wood as not to hurt him).

3...

2...

1.

--------------------

The crowd cheered as Eren carved a circle into the dirt and we walked in. Levi and I put up our stances, I held the handle and hilt of the wood knife...the countdown happened and Erwin shouted "BEGIN!", our cue to start.

He dashed towards me and I swung my leg out to trip me. He landed on his chest, but then stood back up onto his two feet. He lets out a determined "tch" and tries again. I grab him, flip him around and send him careening into the dirt, FACE FIRST.

Everyone cheers but suddenly I am dragged down by a certain shorty.

I throw him off and rush at him like Mikasa had once taught me while in training. I am kicked in the gut very hard and flipped. I coughed a little blood....then I got clocked in the back of the head with what felt like a rock and Levi twists my arm on accident. I try not to scream until he pins me down....I screamed so loud I think I heard Eren roar in titan form...I felt something kick me in my face and head before I suddenly blacked out. I heard two people arguing as everything tuned out....

--------

Hours later, Levi is whacking Jean for doing what he did to Izumi during the battle.

Izumi lays in a bed within the infirmary at HQ. Her head is wrapped up and her arm is splinted...Levi feels angry about what happened. After Jean is punished, he walks into Izumi's room and sits next to her. He lays his head on her chest and falls asleep from exhaustion. He lays his hand upon hers...and while he is asleep, her hand gets cold and pale. She opens her eyes softly...tears fall down her cheeks as she smiles sadly. She whispers something to Levi before closing her eyes again.

".....Levi...I still love you..."

Her eyes close and her smile fades...Hanji sees and brings Levi to his room, trying not to speak too loud. Izumi just lays there in her bed....unmoving and still for awhile.

TO BE CONTINUED....