Christmas Part 1

It's a few days before I leave to go to Pensacola with Joe and I'm nervous as hell because I finally get to meet this huge family of his, in person, and I hope like hell I impress them because we've gotten extremely close the last few months. I've actually started sharing a bus with him and the guys from the Shield, though we now share my bus which is bigger and Phil and Kylie use their old bus for themselves. Phil showed me the engagement ring he'd bought her just a few hours ago before storing it in his luggage for their plane trip to Chicago and Christmas with his family, with the direct orders to have me on Skype when he pops the question from his phone so I don't miss it. John is still John, but he's left us alone the last few months and has been focused on being the champion and has started dating Nikki Bella again, which I'm happy for because I want him happy too. Randy is in the middle of a divorce with Samantha because she found out he was cheating on her but they've agreed to remain friends for Alanna, while Stephen is dating Kaitlyn and they seem happy. For now life seems to be going good, everything in the drama has settled and I thank god because I had started getting sick and losing weight the last few months, from all the stress.

I am laying in bed next to Joe right now as he snores softly in my ear, my head on his chest in our hotel room as the soft sounds of music come from the radio on the night stand next to him and I wonder if this is what my mom feels like when she's with dad. Does she lay there and say a prayer for having him in her life and being her best friend, for wiping the tears when they flow, or for the small things he does for her to brighten her day? Joe and I still haven't had sex yet, though we've done other things to release the pressure we've built up being together, and I must admit if he's that talented without the use of his appendage, I'm in trouble when he does lay it on me completely. I brush a strand of hair from his face as I lay there, as the clock ticks on and I try to fall asleep but find my nerves are too wound up and I just can't. Thankfully we just have a few meet and greets tomorrow that I can hide the bags under my eyes with makeup, I just can't get my mind to fall asleep and stop moving at a million miles a minute. Around 3 in the morning I just decide to slip out of bed and make myself a cup of tea, and I sit out on the balcony of our hotel in my pajamas and a hoodie cause it's cold here in Denver, and watch the lights playing across the mountains.

I have my cell phone in my hand as I open it to look through my social networks like Twitter and Facebook, and I see my mom online and wonder what the heck she's doing up this late, till I remember it's 5 there and I immediately message her:

Me: Morning mama, how's everything down there?

Mama: Baby girl why are you up at 3 in the morning, what's wrong? Everything is good here, dad is ready for his 4 day weekend starting tomorrow.

Me: I'm anxious about meeting Joe's family in two days. I know I've talked to his mom and she loves me, his brother Matt thinks I'm awesome, as do his cousins and everything, but I want his dad to like me too. I want to spend the rest of my life with Joseph mama, I finally found my forever and I don't want to lose him.

Mama: Just remember you're the outsider and you have to penetrate the family circle with the leader, meaning his daddy. Leati Anoa'i is Samoan and proud of it, their culture is rich and close knit, you'll be fine if you're just yourself. I love him Esmeralda, he suits you just as your dad suited me, I'm happy to hear you finally found your forever.

Me: I know mama and that's what Joseph and his mom both tell me, Patricia thinks I'm just what Joe needs because I've made him calm down a lot she says and I'm making him more grounded and career minded. Seems that's a plus seeing as he is the next generation in the WWE of the Anoa'i clan besides Jimmy and Jey. I guess it's the fear of being left behind again like I was as a baby and not knowing my way, Joe has been the cement in me learning more about myself. Hold on I think Joe is awake, be right back.